Note 4 randomly rebooting and won't boot fully after.
macmaster2000

This is a serious problem. In the past couple of days, I have been using my note 4 and it reboots out of nowhere and will not boot again. I tried wiping cache, no dice. Tried factory resetting it, no dice. Used the Verizon official software repair tool, no dice. I even flashed it manually with ODIN and used a PIT file to re-partition it and that fixes it for a couple of days, but then it does it again.

Nothing will get the device to boot again, and it will not boot into safe mode either.

Does anyone have any idea as to what on earth is going on? I've had to put my SIM card in another phone that works.

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 randomly rebooting and won't boot fully after.
RickJ64
Enthusiast - Level 2

something very similar happened to me for about 2 weeks

then i got this error for the next week.

mmc_read failed is a motherboard issue. there is no fix other than replacing the motherboard

20160522_215145.jpg

0 Likes
alchemista2

This happened to me one time since the Marshmallow update. If it's only been happening to you for the last couple of days, it's probably the same.  There are a couple of issues since the update, hopefully they get fixed.

Verizon???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

macmaster2000 - Let's work together and get your device back to its stellar condition. Have you tried restarting your phone in Safe mode? With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release. Touch and hold Power off until the Reboot to Safe Mode prompt appears then release. Now tap Restart. This process may take up to 45 seconds to complete. Safe mode will appear in the lower left of the unlock/home screen. With Safe Mode enabled, test device functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party application and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled. To remove safe mode off the device, simply power device off/on. Please let us if these steps resolve the power cycling issue you are having. 

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes