Re: Note 4 issues with lollipop update
jjaded
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before the update to Lollipop, I adored my Note 4. Everything worked perfectly, I had no complaints. I am a power user, I work for a technology company, I know how to mess with my phone, and I specifically bought this phone as something I could do my job on when I wasn't in the office. I would unplug my phone at 6 am, use it normally until 10:30-11 PM, and would plug it in before bedtime with some 20% left on the battery. Since the update has gone through, I'm lucky if I can get 6 hours of battery life out of it, and that's with me working during the day and not really messing with it other than to check text messages, see alerts, etc. It just sits on my desk and steadily drains. I have to charge it at least partway during the day, and then charge it some more when I get home so I can actually use it. It also glitches in that it abruptly hangs on a screen or an application and I have to hit the power button or the home button several times to get it to react, I click on something and have to wait for up to 20 seconds for it to react, I have to force close apps to get functionality back, I randomly drop calls in an area where I've never had an issue before.

I've done a lot of research on the issue, I've factory reset it 3 x's, I've cleared the cache partition weekly, but I am not going to go through and start disabling all of the features on the phone (wifi, bluetooth, gps) that I specifically bought the phone for. I already tell people not to do the update, but I would hope there would be some kind of fix to correct these issues or even allow people to reset back to the true factory condition, pre-lollipop update.

My 2 cents Smiley Happy.

haripopuri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

Any updates on this?

Has verizon resolved any of the issues?

Thanks

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

There are no issues.

0 Likes
ARSchoppe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't agree more!  I went from having the greatest phone/device I've ever used to something I actively try to avoid using.  My biggest problem is that, even with every Wi-Fi switch turned off (Wi-Fi scanning, Google scanning, etc.), it is constantly turning itself on at the most inopportune moments and scanning for networks!  The best answer I got from Verizon was, "wait for the next update..."  Idiots...

0 Likes
lcraighicks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a lot of the same issues w/ my note 4. I've regretted leaving the iPhone world.

haripopuri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I got so sick of it I went a bought a used Galaxy 4S because it was cheaper and unaffected by the Lollipop downgrade.  Maps would load, google crashed constantly, apps wouldn't run, and eventually the screen would just not turn on at all and the phone was still receiving calls and making notification noises even though I could see nothing.  4 factory resets later and downloading every app again I gave up.  What a colossal F up.  I can't even sell my Note 4 with the issues it has.

And these forums don't help at all.  The Verizon response is like a cheerleader when you're down 56-0 in the 4th quarter and the geeks all heckle from the sidelines.  There's no help for regular users here.

0 Likes
Nazus

Just back out to kit Kat

0 Likes
jjaded
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would if I could! Not something Verizon seems to be open to, having a few pissed off customers doesn't seem to phase them in the slightest.

If anyone has a notion on how to accomplish a roll back, I'm open to it, I haven't been able to find a working way to do so.

0 Likes
prvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can roll back to official 4.4 vey easily. Just google it. I posted a link but mod removed it. However, I am telling you it didn't help my weak signal problem.

0 Likes