Re: Note 4 issues with lollipop update
2krazy
Enthusiast - Level 1

one or two things you either work for Verizon or you are one out of thousands of people that got lucky the cost thousands of people I mean thousands have had nothing but trouble out of the lollipop update myself and my wife included we both have the lg g2 and our two biggest complaints or should I say three biggest complaints are the phone getting hot which is draining the battery you might be able to call that 1 problem depends on how you look at it and the location service is constantly running which is using up data and draining the battery Verizon please fix this crap I am over it

0 Likes
2krazy
Enthusiast - Level 1

you can back up certain games and save them to the Google Cloud I guess it depends on which games they are I know Angry Birds and Temple Run save to the Google Cloud I hope this helps

MissTJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will someone from VERIZON actually be replying to my ORIGINAL post or just to the other customers who replied?  I'm still waiting for answers from an actual VERIZON REP...

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well you aren't gonna get one. There have been tons of posts telling people how to fix the issues but no one wants to follow fellow users advice. Second, I wish there as a filter where as soon as someone types "you work for Verizon" that their post cannot be posted. It's hilarious that when someone gives a reply that a poster does not like that they are automatically a Verizon employee. If you dont want correct answers or the truth, why are you posting?

smoovnerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

pherson wrote:

Well you aren't gonna get one. There have been tons of posts telling people how to fix the issues but no one wants to follow fellow users advice. Second, I wish there as a filter where as soon as someone types "you work for Verizon" that their post cannot be posted. It's hilarious that when someone gives a reply that a poster does not like that they are automatically a Verizon employee. If you dont want correct answers or the truth, why are you posting?

Unfortunately pherson, the "fixes" that others have offered, including many other forums and articles about this subject, in specific; the battery drainage issues, have yet been proven to work.  We have 20 Samsung Galaxy S5 devices, and the ones that have upgraded to Lollipop 5.0 (about 7) have all tried these "solutions" and have not worked, still getting terrible battery life and also random distortion of fonts (block letters).  Truly hope that Verizon releases a patch for these issues.  Very scared to have the other S5's and our Note 4's upgrade to Lollipop, we will have very unhappy users.  😞  But on a good note, at least our cell and data service is GREAT!  🙂

rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update was from Verizon, not direct from Samsung.

Part of providing service is making sure there are no issues with the devices they support. If all Verizon did was provide "wireless service", then we wouldn't have all the crap bloatware on our phones.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You're wrong but that's ok.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

We also wouldn't have subsidized phones, but people want all the bells and whistles while blaming carriers for things they have no control over. Just look at Europe of an example of the right way of thinking.

0 Likes
MissTJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tons of posts in the community forum?  Perhaps you have time to read through every thread, but I don't; hence the reason that I posted MYSELF.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

When you start to write a post the forum will pull up related posts you could view first. Unfortunately you dud not do that.