Re: Note 4 issues with lollipop update
smoovnerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

So AmberF_VZW, will you guarantee that if we do have battery problems on our Galaxy Note 4's as we are having with our Galaxy S5's, that "wiping the cache partition" will indeed correct the terrible battery performance that some of our users have now after upgrading their Galaxy S5's????  We have 20 Galaxy S5 phones and have not upgraded all, but a few have and most are having battery issues (not lasting as long as they were before the 5.0 update) and also are having intermittent glitches with their fonts changing to blocks.  This is why we have NOT upgraded our Galaxy Note 4's yet, scared that the same things will happen.

When will 5.01. 5.02 or 5.1 be available?

Thanks!

jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Amber.  I updated early last week unfortunately.  I'll try clearing the cache, but this is the most involved update that I've ever seen on any carrier.  I was so impressed with my phone before the update, now I don't even want it.  It is more of a hassle than helpful.  Are you guys (Verizon) working (with Samsung and Google I assume) on getting a real fix for the battery life issue?  And the inconsistent placement of the notifications?  And hopefully restoring customization to the default messaging app?

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Well for those that are complainning about the new notifications and how are they are done I have this to say. Did any of you that do not like it read up what they would be getting once they updated. That was announced when the update was released saying that the notifications would change. I myself check on the new changes before I  update so I know what I am getting and what to expect once I update. I mean there was plenty of websites explaining that. If you had read that maybe then you would not of updated and still be happy with what you had.

jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

Of course I didn't read up on the coming update.  I'm not a hard core tech loving person.  I'm a standard user.  Is this update only for the people who study the inner workings of the Millenium Falcon and speak R2D2?  Or is the phone for the 80% of people who want a phone in their pocket and google maps, email, and social media on the go.  Of course I didn't check out the detailed update specs.  I'm a standard user, trying to use my device for work and personal use.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want you to enjoy using your phone. As for the battery life, Have you tried to test the device in Safe mode http://vz.to/1HCpKdi Once the phone is in Safe Mode test it for 24 hrs and allow it to charge. Keep us posted with the details. In regards to the update, we're unaware of any changes coming but as soon as find out details we'll share the information with our customers.
0 Likes
Jeffro7
Enthusiast - Level 1

On top of the battery drain (still after I did the clear and restarted my phone multiple times) I'm having major issues with text msgs taking sometimes over an hour to go through to people sitting even right next to me now. Can we easily revert to the previous operating system or is there a fix coming?  My phone is also freezing up about once a min when I'm doing anything on it. Beyond frustrating and considering the switch to sprint to save money if this can't be resolved. Please help us Verizon..

pherson
Champion - Level 1

The fix is doing what is recommended a cache partition wipe or a hard reset. Not sure why this is difficult.

Jeffro7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me be more clear.  I did that and the problems still persist!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I Highly doubt that. But if that truly is the case contact Samsung directly. Have them fix your phone. Verizon provided service not phone fixes.

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I wiped the cache last week, factory data reset twice this weekend.  Battery drains like crazy overnight.Screenshot_2015-04-28-10-55-22.jpg

0 Likes