Note 4 issues after latest update to N910VVRS2CPL1
Angela32073
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still have the Note 4. It is two years old and has been working fine until the latest update to N910VVRS2CPL1. I updated on January 5th and since then my battery drains super fast and my phone gets really hot. I am also having tons of lag issues on many of the apps that I use. When typing a text message the phone can't keep up and will repeat words while texting. Very frustrated. Can someone help me?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Note 4 issues after latest update to N910VVRS2CPL1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abgela32073,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for this inconvenience. I know how important it is to have the latest updates on your device and we want you to have a working device. Let's look into this further to get your battery life and text messaging experience back to normal. Have you installed any applications after the update was completed? Are all your applications up to date? Does your battery drain when you are using a specific application?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Angela32073
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded a cleaning app after days of it running hot and not working and then had to delete that app because it didn't help and probably made matters worse. Then I had to download Avast to see if there was any Malware on my phone and it didn't find anything. I have ran the Verizon Health Check on my phone and it found nothing of significance. Every app (especially Facebook) on my phone runs VERY slow, You tube app now skips and stutters during playback and my texting app lags and repeats words. My phone will go from 100% charge to 0 within a span of a couple of hours when using any app.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Angela32073
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not tried that. Will do it now and let you know if it improves. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Angela32073
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well it didn't work. Went into Stock Recovery mode and cleared the system cache. Gave it a full 24 hours to test my phone and it didn't help at all. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
EWN37166

Ours too. It seems like when you are out of contract or phone is paid off they do this to make you get a new phone.  This is not the first time this has happened to us.  Last time we had 3 HTC thunderbolts.  They said it wasn't from upgrade but we had 3 phones that upgraded just days apart and it was exactly what is happening now with Note 4. We are not happy. But his Samsung tablet just upgraded too and now it won't work at all.  Everything says it stopped working. Samsungneeds to fix now. 

0 Likes