Note 4 is going NUTS after update
JILLYN51

Am having many problems.

1.  Screen goes dark after about 2 seconds (set for 30 seconds)

2.  Gets into a loop where these new and different "google screens" come up--a transparent-like screen that has option for voice search at top, and several tiles on the bottom to go to different google services (e.g., gmail, search).  This pops up all the time--e.g., I'll try to pull down settings, but the google screen comes up.  Then I hit go back to get rid of it and it closes the settings screen.  Again and again. 

3.  Phone wakes up every 30-90 seconds.  I spent 20 minutes on phone with Verizon yesterday and we couldn't solve the problem.  This depletes the battery in about 5 - 6 hours.

4.  When I'm applications setting, I press Home button and it doesn't work.  Won't get out of applications and go to home.

Got a system update yesterday.  #3 started a couple days ago.  The other problems have started since update.

I just tried to talk to someone at Samsung... but couldn't pull up the number the tech needed--couldn't get the settings screen to stay up long enough to scroll down.  The darn new google screen keeps coming up or the screen kept going blank.

Anyone have advice or experiencing any of these issues??

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 is going NUTS after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jillyn51, we want you to have a working device. It sounds like your device is currently having a mind of it's own. We definitely need to get you a working device. Please tell me what specific steps you went through with the the representative on the phone. I don't want to repeat any steps again.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 is going NUTS after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JILLYN51, this is some very bizarre phone behavior. I could understand being baffled by this. However, we will work together to get this resolved. Since all of these issues started after the software update, it sounds like we need a fresh start. When was the last time that you were able to back-up your phone? Were you using Verizon Cloud? Are you able to access it now and run it?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes