Note 3 reception
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I purchased a note 3 about 3 months ago and I love the phone except for the fact that it hardly has any reception in my house which is snack dash in a great coverage area. I purchased the phone at full price to retain my unlimited data which is not a problem but the problem is a phone that cost this much should get a better signal than I get. I have a Moto maxx and a S4 which both have better reception than the note 3. The 2 year old max hold a4g signal anywhere in the house and the S4 sporadically has a4g signal but most of the time maintains a good 3g connection. The note 3 never has a4g signal inside  and barely maintains a3g signal. It constantly switched back and forth between a 3g and a 1x and sometimes not a signal at all . i have swapped to 3 different note 3s with no resolve. Anything thing I can do besides moving on to something else. I've heard of network extenders but I don't thing I should have to buy that as well since a phone that cost as much as this one did should have no reception problems. I have read on several different sites about this same type of issue . I have had the problem since the very first day with no apps added and when the kit Kat update came along I thought maybe it would improve but it hasn't. I love the phone looks and features but doesn't do much good if I can't use it at home. Looks bad when my sons 15 basic track phone's phone runs circle around this one. Anybody.  Jesse

Re: Note 3 reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jaxle67!

I definitely don't want to see you have any issues with your Note 3! I have this device myself and I'm not experiencing the issues you describe. I don't doubt what you're saying in the least, but how about we do some troubleshooting. Please go to settings/more settings/mobile networks/network mode. Please make sure that global is set to LTE/CDMA. Then, monitor it and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I have toggle between global mode and LTE CDMA mode and no change. I've done several hard resets. Tried in safe mode. You make it I've tried it and nothing send to change. Even out a new sim card to no avail. Like I said my old moto RAZR max has a good strong 4glte signal in the house. My Samsung s4 has a 4g LTE signal sometimes but mostly just a3g connection. Is just the note 3 that has it bad. On the best day it can keep a3g connection but most of the time it will drop the 3g and go to 1x which is all but useless for G. I've spent a lot of money to get this phone and it is a very nice device but I can't do much at all with it in the hours which is where I us it 90 percent of the time. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I keep hoping something who change but still the same. It did this with jelly bean and updating to kit Kat hasn't changed anything. .I've ref of people using a network extender for things like this but I don't feel I should have to buy that after I spent 700 outright on a device that I can't us where j

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Use where I need it the most. Thanks Jesse

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I have 4 different 4g phones. A moto RAZR maxx that was ordered before they hit the store. A spectrum that I bought used. A samsung s4 and a note 3 that I bought brand new at full price in order to retain my data plan. The note has a beautiful screen great camera good battery and a ton of other features. The problem is that is all but useless when I can never get a4g signal in my house which is completely covered in a4g zone. Half of the time it has a weak 3g connection and the other half is 1x our no connection at all. My other 3 phones has a4g connection all the time except for the s4 which goes back and forth between 4g and 3g and sometimes a 1x.I saved for the note because I wanted a to tier phone to use with my unlimited data plan. I have tried switching between global and LTE CDMA mode dozens of time no change. Hard reset  at least that many times no change. Tried a new Sim card no change. My note came with jelly bean and when kit Kat came along I thought maybe it would get better but no change. I did a speed test before this post and got. 036 mps down and .013mps up. I swapped Sim into my moto RAZR made and rerun the test. Results were 21mps down and 11mps up. Oh yes I also tried in safe mode before that's asked. I work hard for my money and spending 700 dollars on a phone is is not something I really like to do but spending that on a phone that won't keep even a descent signal is just a waste of money. At this point I want a resolution which certainly isn't a replacement but a refund so I can buy a phone that works correctly. Verizon or Samsung please step up and help me get what I paid for. Or just a refund and I will continue using my RAZR max which never once had less than 4g in the house. Thanks to anyone that might be able to help with this although I won't be holding my breath.  Jesse

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jaxle67 we want to make certain that you're getting the service you paid for! What zip code are you located in? Are you only having trouble inside your home? Do you see any improvements outdoors?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Yes it improves outside. That's great but I use it inside 90 percent of the time speedtest shows .027 MPs down and. 013 up which is all but useless inside. My other 3 4g phones maintains a4g signal in the house and you would think that a to tier phone would run circles around those.. My sons 15 dollar rack phone runs circles around my 700 device. If this doesn't get resolved then I'm going to get something else I can use or break out my other phones out of mothballs. For 700 dollars you would think it would be lightning quick everywhere but that is not the case. Please do something Verizon Samsung anybody. Right now 700 dollars is a lot of money especially for a phone that doesn't receive well.    

J Kicklighter

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that, Jaxle67. As you have witnessed, different phones can have a different performance outcome while in the same area. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee coverage when you are indoors due to other factors that can limit signal. We want to make sure we test all we can with the phone. If you have a case, please remove that to make sure nothing is blocking the antenna. Power off, remove/reinsert the SIM and then power back on. If possible, you can test a different SIM to see if that helps or even pick up a brand new one at a store location.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
jamiejmarkc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been to your stores I have called customer support all to no avail. Every time I get "there are no known issues with the note 3s reception." Well that's a lie. There are post all over this forum stating that there are problems with the note 3s reception. When are ya gonna own up to this fact?!? Me and my wife both have a note 3 and both have had reception issues since they were pulled out the box. We have done hard resets we have called customer support who refreshed our connections with no help. This is ridiculous. I thought these were supposed to be phones not just mp3 players and gaming devices. Without reception that's basically all we have.

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

To  help you out maybe you call the tech line which I did. The fellow I talked to was very courteous which I cant say that about all. of course went through the same steps again with the same results. He promised me a phone call back within the hour and low and behold I got one from another very nice guy higher up the food chain. We talked about the issue and what had been tried and he said that he would overnight me another note 3 which I agreed to . the next day it arrived I inserted my sim which was new by the way and have not had a instance yet of lost calls or low reception. I know from first hand experience that something has went wrong in the note 3 because this same issue is all ovr the net and not limited to just Verizon although it seems verizons batch has seemed to be the worst. I love the note3 and everything about it as  long as it has reception. without hat id just as soon use a 9 dollar dollar general track phone. Keep your calm keep pursueing it and maybe you will receive resolution as I have. I hope you the best as 700 bucks is a lot of money for a phone regardless of who makes it or who you service with. it should work correctly plain and simple.         Jesse

0 Likes