Note 3 having Wifi issues
Pfhortune

Hi all,

I have been having awful Wifi issues with my Note 3, and I've been reading similar reports elsewhere on the web. My bed is less than ten feet from my Wifi router, and yet I regularly get the "connection is unstable" notification and it drops.

I am just a few days outside of the 14 day return period. Is there any way I can swap to a phone with more reliable connectivity?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Note 3 having Wifi issues
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried switching channels/frequency with your wireless router? After tinkering with my wireless router I was able to get the "connection is unstable" to stop appearing on my Note 3.

0 Likes
Pfhortune

I have the issue with the Wifi at work too (which I can't configure). I'll look when I get home, but seeing as our router is one of the ATT Uverse provided routers (not my decision, my roommate handles that utility) I don't know how much I can configure it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this Pfhortune! Please check the wifi advanced settings to keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode. You can do so by navigating to Settings>Wifi>Menu>Advanced then selected always to keep Wi-Fi on during sleep option. Please test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sanglant13

That doesn't help at all. I've even put the phone in airplane mode and then turned wifi on and it still keeps dropping the signal even though the wifi bars are full all the time.

0 Likes
Pfhortune

No luck. Still has the same issue. I like the phone, but the radio performance is unsatisfactory. I cannot use the phone with this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details relating to your device Pfhortune! The next best step would be to complete a hard reset on the device to restore the settings back to the manufacturer recommended functionality. Please keep us posted once this is completed, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes