Re: Note 3 Poor Service
Basicallyevolve
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jus an update to my last update. I got a new sum card from a Verizon store and it made 0 difference. Dropped calls and 0 service in my building and in general most places where I used to have service before.

I think I'm going to ride this phone until the note 4 comes out and them just move to another carrier. I can't deal with this bs anymore.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdurham89,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear you have recently experienced issues with your service. Let's ensure you can have the best of both worlds and use the phone and rely on the great service. Is your software up to date? Have we tried swapping out your SIM card? Do you have service issues both indoors and outdoors? Is this happening in all locations or just certain ones?

Please share additional details to further assist.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
morningforest
Enthusiast - Level 1

How did my sim. Card go bad the phone is nice but your service and customer

service is really bad .and Verizon has no software update for this phone

since it was released if the people that post response to this problem do

not know there has not been a software update but ask if your up to date my

be they need to release a update that might fix the problem but they have

not update that other carriers have released update from Samsung but not

Verizon. So thank you for asking if I have a software update that has not

been released.

On May 3, 2014 4:37 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Morningforest,

I apologize for any confusion with Karen's post. There are certain troubleshooting steps that must be completed and we need to verify certain pieces of information before moving on.

The software update that Karen was referring to is the current software out for your phone at this time, not a future update that has not been released yet. Would you mind going into your Settings>About Phone and let us know the Build Number please?

Also, SIM cards do have the ability to become damaged due to normal wear and tear, and can need replacing over time. Any of our Direct Store locations can replace your SIM, and of course it would be free of charge. You can find the closest store you here: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
jp0030
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have the Note 3 and have noticed terrible network coverage.  However, this was noticed after the upgrade to kitkat 4.4.2.  For some reason, I cannot get a signal beyond -110 to -114 dBm

Ever since the software upgrade, I've noticed numerous dropped calls, missed calls, and delayed text messages.

The worst issue by far is when attempting to make a phone call, and the phone displays 2 bars, I receive a the following message: "Mobile network not available."  The only way to recover is to turn airplane mode on and then off, and then I will be able to make a call. 

I Then receive the following:

Notification:

Network does not provide date and time information.  Go to date and time settings to set manually.

I've tried a factory reset, but same mobile network issues. 

Unfortunealty I cannot downgrade the OS from 4.4.2 to 4.3

kemjus
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Note 3 went from having service to dropping calls all the time too starting in mid march.

LilyOhio
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have trouble with my note 3 too. My zip code is 44663. I have no problem at all. My summer house zip is 44675. I had iPhone before which I had no trouble at both locations. I switched to Note3 last Fall. This is the first week we stayed at my Summer place and realized I had very poor signals at this locations. I highly doubt there's anything wrong with SIM card since I have good signals at my other house. The rest of my families all have iPhones. Nobody has trouble at all. I'm so frustrated!

0 Likes
spxps

Similar issue here, occurring in Phoenix, LA, and SF bay area.  Bought device when it first came out last October.  Since most recent update in May, signal fluctuates between 1-2 bars of 3g to 1x or no signal at all.  Frequent dropped calls, pended text messages, inaccurate GPS positioning, no network connection error messages.  Went to local Verizon store today and swapped SIM card, but no improvement.  No improvement in signal with factory reset or safe mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LilyOhio,
I don't want you frustrated. Let's look further into this! Have you tried powering the device off and removing/inserting the sim card while you are at the summer home location? If not, please do so and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
ghoststory
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon

You have a serious safety issue at hand right now for all of us Note 3 users who upgraded to KitKat.

Without the ability to actually reach your network, lives are at stake.

Someone better get this moving.

I'm going to email the VP of your Customer Service group and demand for serious action.