Re: Note 3 Poor Service
hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Outside of my home and work, I consistently have worse reception than everyone around me. Most of my friends are on Verizon with S3, S4, Note 3, and S5s. There are a lot of times when everyone around me has reception and a data connection and I can't access anything. My home zip code is 85225 (There is consistent spot where I live where the reception is virtually non existent, must be a fringe area. I can be more specific in a private message).

I knew someone was going to ask about the sim. I walked into a store yesterday but the line was too long and I had a meeting at 6:30PM. I can attempt to swap it out. I don't think it has been changed for about 2 years.

Any other things that might help?

Thank you,

James

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hyunjpark we'll get things moving in the right direction! The area is clear so the sim card is definitely is a great start in addressing this issue. Keep us posted once it is replaced.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Ive been in he same boat droped calls no reception. All the resets sim card  twice changed but in the end a replacement note3 solved the issue. My problem started before kitkat and seemed worse afterward but wasn't easy to tell. didn't get better after that's for sure. I hope everyone here gets their issue resolved because a 700 phone that barely works really isn't something that makes people very happy.    jesse

0 Likes
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

The kitkat update is definitely the issue. Search any android forum site and you'll find similar stories from Verizon note 3 owners. I've already tried a cache/partition wipe and a factory reset with no avail. Places I used to get strong 4g service before the update I now drop to 1x for long periods of time. I also don't receive any service at all inside the new house I bought, while my wife has no problems with my old galaxy s3 (and I thought that phone had some weak radios.) I called support and they tried to get me to buy a $250 network extender...I said yea no thanks. If they don't address the issue with an update to fix the radios soon I'll be letting T-Mobile pay my etf's on my 4 line family plan since they have great coverage in my area. I'm not going to continue to pay $300 a month for terrible service and a phone I can't use in my house.

sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had my SIM card replaced today at the Verizon store and I'm still having the same problem.  Low our no signal :  (.

0 Likes
hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I finally had a chance to replace my SIM card. No improvement and maybe even worse.

I'm now getting -113 to -119 dbm at home and I see 1x and no data more often.
I was in Vegas this past week and my friend there has noticeably better reception on her Note 3.

I definitely think it's a hardware issue. What can I do now?

In unrelated news, my phone charger is broken too. It says "For faster charging, please connect original charger" when I use the original charger. Too many issues.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Under your battery, do you have a build date of 2013?

0 Likes
sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My simm card was replaced two weeks ago but my service is MIA :  (.

0 Likes
sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Smh.  All of us are in need of a fix!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not what we want to hear sohappy1! I understand that you have a new SIM card and the issue continues. Let's try the ultimate troubleshooting step; do a factory reset http://vz.to/1gRkMO1 and test. Please make sure to uncheck at step number 3.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes