Re: Note 3 Poor Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Basically11!

I can understand the desire to be able to maintain a reliable wireless connection.  And I definitely don't want to see you leave us over this.

You mentioned experiencing this problem at work.  Can you confirm the billing zip code so that I can check coverage in the area?  You also mentioned the problem was mostly indoors.  Has it always been this way or did this problem recently start?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tumminello,

Got it! Thanks for the details. You can definitely pick one up at no cost at one of our stores http://vz.to/1hTIGEg . Keep us posted on the phone's functions after SIM card is replaced.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Basicallyevolve
Enthusiast - Level 3

My zip code at home is 91042 and my zip code at work is 91203. This problem of poor service has been this way for over a month. I have had more dropped calls in this time frame than I have ever had in the past 5 years.

I am unable to make phone calls from places I was able to make calls from in the past and have had more and more issues with my data as well. I have to walk out of buildings at my clients locations to make phone calls and sometimes may not get my 3g/ 4g  or reception back for 1-2 minutes. My phone will have no data at all which is painful.

I have been in server rooms with my colleagues who have tmobile and Verizon and for some reason I am always the person with the poorest service. I compare to my friends note 3 on the tomobile network all the time and he laughs at how poor my service is. Even my other friend who has a note 3 o. The Verizon network seems to be doing better than me.

It is very frustrating now as I receive more and more voice mails without ever receiving calls. Having to walk out of a building to make calls now when I was able to make calls from the conference room before is very annoying.  Again, I will walk out of my building and my phone will take up to 2 minutes to receive service again  I try to make calls and receive the.. " no mobile network" error over and over again.

What gives?  Obviously I am not the only lyrics one.

KPrevite
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so after speaking to Verizon, they shipped me a new SIM card.  Remember, this is my second Note 3.  The SIM did minimal good.  It is now doing the same things as before and as before, seems to just get worse.  There is something hardware related to the antenna of the Note 3 that is wrong.  Again, this is the top of the line phone and there needs to be a fix or reimbursement. 

Tumminello
Enthusiast - Level 2

New SIM did nothing for me. What other actions can i take?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of ensuring you have reliable service Basically11. Let's get you the service you deserve. I verified there are no reported issues in either areas. Have you had your phone serviced or replaced recently? Can you try resetting your network by removing and resinserting the sim card on your phone. To learn how to do this click, http://vz.to/OhhYMc Then test device. Please keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Basicallyevolve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not had my phone service or replaced recently. I changed my phone out on the first few days because of a factory defect but have had the same phone since then.

I have taken out my sim card and reinserted it into my phone and it has made 0 difference. I still have nothing but issues with my service. There are many people in this thread encountering similar problems and it seems a few have replaced their sim cards to no avail.

There has to be some sort of issue with certain phone and or antenna's that were placed into the phones.

morningforest
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem drop calls, unable to get data in places I was before, and now my phone when just setting on desk just turns it self OFF .... and has become hot when just setting at idle . this phone was great for 5 mouths now everything is going bad.. one would think after $700.00 you would not have this problem .. and if you try to get replacement its refreb.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot with us, Tumminello. We are dedicated to offering you the best possible service however service indoors can vary based on many factors. Are other Verizon users having a similar experience in the same locations?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jdurham89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having all of the same issues with my note 3 here in the Memphis TN area, zip code 38023. The phone was great the first couple of months then service started dropping. I started dropping calls and the phone won't even ring half the time someone tries to call me. It gets hot even when I'm not even using it. I love the phone itself but I would really like it if I had the service to go with it. I've tried taking the sim card out and putting it back in and still no change. The battery has also started dying a lot faster without me using the phone. I really don't want to have to switch to another carrier just because this is the first time this has happened with Verizon but I will switch if I have to.