Noise Reduction Note 5
resumegeek

Does anyone know how to reduce background noise when on the Samsung Note 5. Not the S5. The note 5. I don't see the same feature as the S4. Very annoying if the phone doesn't have this feature.

0 Likes
Re: Noise Reduction Note 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There should be no background distractions when you are using your phone resumegeek. Just the person's voice you are speaking to. When did you first notice this? Does it happen on every call?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
resumegeek

Just saw this response from Verizon. Late reply but I am still having a background noise issue on the samsung note 5. This is a very expensive phone and it doesn't have some of the great features that the 4S had such as noise reduction and surf/talk simultaneously. There is the advanced calling feature that turns on HD which does make the sound quality of the call good, if the other person has a capable phone. When I was on the phone with my friend, she could hear every sound in the background. I have a treadmill desk and use my cell exclusively for work and I never had an issue with the samsung 4S with the noise from the treadmill while I was on calls. It is a huge issue with the note5. I have to stop the treadmill every single time that I am on a call.

This problem is causing me to look at other carriers, plans, and phones (after having this phone for 2 months). I have been a loyal Verizon customer for over 20 years but the changes and restrictions on phones is ridiculous for the $300+ / month we spend on our plan and the price of the phones. I need superior service and features on a phone. The note5 is not a toy and should be a serious phone for business with the capabilities. I find that it is not a good business phone and the S4 was a better product.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure that the microphone located at the top of the Note 5 isn't being covered up too much by a case or by your hand when in a call. This microphone is used to sense ambient noise, and filter out that noise from your voice when on a call. Also make sure HD Voice is kept on, as it improves call quality even when calling a non-HD Voice phone or a landline by a substantial amount.

Also, if you go to Phone > Menu button > Settings > More Settings, the option for hearing aids isn't checked, is it

0 Likes
resumegeek

I use the Samsung ear buds when making calls. I am not covering the upper microphone. HD causes the other person to hear everything in the background - including my dog shaking its head. Terrible phone doesn't have the same features as S4

0 Likes
resumegeek

Still having this problem. Anyone else?

0 Likes
Hopey888

My hubby has a Note 4, same issue. Can't stand all the noise. Verizon, what's the fix on this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this is frustrating for our customers Hopey888. I do not show this a common problem being reported with the Note 4 or Note 5 devices. How long has your husband experienced this issue? Any damage to the device? Please make sure the software on his device is up to date. Also, did the issue start after downloading any new applications to the device?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes