Re: No signal in my house, worse after lollipop update
deb410s

I just applied the update when it came to my phone. I did not have to load all my data after. I really don't want to do a hard reset. I can stand in one place and try to make a call and it will come back Out of service area then in the same place I will have 2bars. Also when I am out and about I won't here my phone and I will get voice mails. I really thought Verizon was suppose to have the best service of all the carriers. That has not been my experience. I have 7 months left on my conctract and if it does not get better I will have to try someone else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
deb410s,

We do not want to see you go. I can assure you we understand the need for service. I have you had the SIM card in your device replaced since you did the update? If not, I would suggest stopping by any corporate VZW store location http://vz.to/Z26SAQ and pick up a brand new SIM card for free. This will allow the device to re-establish a connection with the next work and eliminate any issues the software update may have caused with the SIM card.
LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
deb410s

I switched to LTE/CDMA but there is no difference at all so far. Guess I will change out the SIM card like suggested by Lindsey..

0 Likes
sloperks

I have the EXACT same issue.  My phone has never had the signal strength of my husband's Motorola max, but I've had enough to get by.  I did this update on May 6, 2015 and ever since then, I have to reboot my phone at least once a day to get the signal to pop back up.  I've done the factory update... same issue.  If Verizon can't come up with a solution... then as soon as my contract expires in 4 months... I'll switch to AT&T... no question about it.

0 Likes
djorgga
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI - In the last week or so this issue has resolved itself for me.  I'm assuming that some intervening update fixed it.  Still - would have really been nice if support had posted some kind of acknowledgement that they were working on the issue.  Not hearing anything at all for the last month or so just isn't OK.

0 Likes
tomkat8787

My S4 is doing the same thing, way worse service after the update, tried hard reset and did not install the lollipop update, just using the kitkat that was on the phone when I got it. Needs to get fixed or will switch very soon. This phone is for my business and hard to talk to customers when dropping calls or even no missed calls show up and then get voice mails an hour or so later.

0 Likes
djorgga
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told at the Verizon store that this is a known issue and if the phone is in warranty or you have an extended warranty then they can move you to a newer model. If not the only option I got was to pay for an upgrade. They said the issue is beyond their control, an Samsung hasn't indicated they'll do anything about it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

djorgga wrote:

I was told at the Verizon store that this is a known issue and if the phone is in warranty or you have an extended warranty then they can move you to a newer model.

They will not replace with a different model phone.  Phones are replaced with same model everytime.  You'd have to get the manufacturer's consent to work with Verizon due to agreements the two have with each other.

tomkat8787

Well that does not make any sense and sounds about like the service I got from Sprint. Something changed on their end, not mine and if my phone is under warranty they will replace it?

Not sure how an update can downgrade my service. Did it do something to my phone? My contract is up in September, seems odd to me but what a better way to get somebody to buy a new phone by changing their service before their contract is up.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

tomkat8787 wrote:

Well that does not make any sense and sounds about like the service I got from Sprint. Something changed on their end, not mine and if my phone is under warranty they will replace it?

If under warranty, your phone, if defective, will be replaced with a refurbished unit of the same model you presently have no charge.