New System Update on 7 Nov?
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone know what is this "system update ready to install" that I just received in my Note7 notifications list?

Definitely going to put that off as long as possible.  Do not trust either Samsung or Verizon with anything related to the Note7 at this point.  Mine is working too well to mess it up just when I'm trying to prepare to migrate to a Note4.  Surely don't want any unwelcome features to mess up the transfer.

I'm trying to imagine how car owners would react if the manufacturer & dealer conspired to sabotage your car to limit its function in order to force you to bring it in for a recall that they cannot fix.  It's unbelievable.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New System Update on 7 Nov?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We appreciate the question and we do want to be upfront with you in regards to the Samsung Note 7.

Samsung will push a software update to active replacement Note7 devices that limit the battery charge to 60%. A pop-up will be added to the Note7 notifying the customer that the device has been recalled, it should be powered down and exchanged, and that the maximum battery charge will be reduced to 60%.

The battery indicator will be gray/white on all Note7s that receive the update. Samsung is asking for all Note 7 devices to be returned for safety reasons and there is not a way to revert the software update.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Reduces maximum charge to 60% for safety.

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

So you installed this update on your Note7?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It was announced by Samsung and all over the tech news last week about the update.

Samsung will release a software update to stop unreturned Note 7s from charging above 60% | TechCrun...

0 Likes
AVP007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just did it (by mistake) and now I strongly advice you not to do the "update" if you like your Note7. 60% max charge is annoying but not as much as "pop up a reminder to return the phone every time it’s powered on, charged or the screen is turned on".  Be aware!

trevork
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, dear verizon/galaxy, this update you released on Nov. 7th you [removed]. How about I pay you 60% of every one of my next bills you send me and we call it paid in full? Wouldn't like it would you?.... yeah i didnt think so. Thank God im getting a different phone that will probably be full of more problems in 4 days.... But [removed] we're you guys thinking? If the battery is going to explode it's going to explode.... [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Rshane
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I undo the update?

TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We appreciate the question and we do want to be upfront with you in regards to the Samsung Note 7.

Samsung will push a software update to active replacement Note7 devices that limit the battery charge to 60%. A pop-up will be added to the Note7 notifying the customer that the device has been recalled, it should be powered down and exchanged, and that the maximum battery charge will be reduced to 60%.

The battery indicator will be gray/white on all Note7s that receive the update. Samsung is asking for all Note 7 devices to be returned for safety reasons and there is not a way to revert the software update.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Yet they still haven't sent out boxes to return your DANGEROUS device a month later!

ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

Just keep deferring the update. once a day I just see the pop up message and delay until the next day. I'll keep doing this as long as possible.