Re: New Note 4 marshmallow Update issues
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

" All-In-One Toolbox's, Boot Speed-up" don't you need root for that?

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

No root needed. I am not rooted.

0 Likes
Paul_K_74

It's quiet, because they are Ignoring it.

Why concentrate on a real problem, with existing hardware, that's is about

to be 2 generations old next week.

Let us piss and moan, then we will jut give up and buy the Note 7 on the

15th.

Problem solved as far as they are concerned.

They already have our money for these phones and get more every month from

our bill. The less we use it that month cause it sucks and is dead, the

less it costs them to have us on the network, and then they make even more

money in the end.

It's a joke, Verizon is a joke, Samsung is a joke.

I mean, what....it's not like we'll start using crapple phones.

Paul

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

Forget what I said before.  For several days the consumption was reduced (especially while I did not reboot).  Then I went on travel and shut my phone off. The consumption almost immediately started going back to 30-40% again...so my fix only lasted until a power cycle did it in.  The same packages still show as turned off...but the drain continues.  Back to square one.

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

This is a major point of contention I've had for years. All the carriers try to pull this. "We only sell the phone, you'll have to go through the manufacturer for help". Basically, they want to sell you a phone that ONLY works on their network, and is loaded with their proprietary software, but they don't want to take any responsibility. Utterly ridiculous. It not only shows a corporate attempt and alleviating any responsibility, but also shows some poor ethical choices.

I had this issue with Sprint. Their service was as poor as the customer service side. That's why I came to Verizon. And while Verizon's cell/network has been strong, I've seen a few things along the way that reminded me why I left 10 years ago.

None of us here expect miracles. We just want Verizon (and others) to stop shirking responsibility.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you need to rethink who is actually responsible. The code for the update was written by Samsung using the base code from Google and customizing it for the specific phone. The majority of the Android phones running the same Android version doesn't have the same problem. So that leads me to think either the software for the phone is flawed or the applications you have on the phone are written poorly to cause issues. Therefore none of the blame can be traced back to Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Paul_K_74

..... the applications you have on the phone are written poorly to cause

issues. Therefore none of the blame can be traced back to Verizon Wireless.

Except for the ones that are/were installed by Verizon, that may or may not

be affecting the code as written by Samsung, which may or may not be

affecting the code written by Google.

Do you see how this works? lol We bought them from Verizon, not samsung,

not google.

You buy a car, You cant go to the factory when there is an issue, you go to

the/a dealership.

When your shoes (any clothes for that matter) rip on day two, do you call

Bangladesh? no, you go back to the store.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Factory reset the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 - It really seems you didn't read the messages before.  Many of us have either factory reset or even got new devices...AND still have the same issue.  If it were that simple there would not be people on here going back and fourth about how to solve (or get VZW or Samsung to take note of) this very annoying real problem.  It seems you are trying to tank this discussion and minimize a very legitimate problem by deflecting for VZW, Samsung or some else...and that is unhelpful.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Factory reset is a necessary step if all others don't work. Until you complete it and run the device clean of all third party applications you will never know if the problem is from the OS or the third party applications. Out of the huge numbers of people who have issues with the Note 4 only a tiny less than 0.1% have problems. For most a factory reset will clear the leftover code from the previous OS and no more issues. I have had a number of devices and gone through several major OS updates on the devices sometimes multiple times. Only once did the update necessitate a factory reset. Clearing the cache or removing all the third party applications was most major housecleaning I had to do on the other devices. I don't care to factory reset a device, but I'm prepared to do so on each device.

0 Likes