Re: New Note 4 marshmallow Update issues
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

LorenB_VZW - As I said, if all devices are unpaired and Bluetooth is on the excessive battery drain continues. Only when Bluetooth is totally off does the drain stop.

If you carefully read the prior threads one user with the issue uses Samsung gear, while I use Android Wear... Which are totally different. Yet another user with the issue is not using any wearable and has the same issue. Wearables and the type of Bluetooth devices paired have nothing to do with the problem.

Samsung needs to look at what their Bluetooth radio/chipset is doing (even when idle, not scanning, and no devices paired) that is draining the battery for many of us.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GEMINI453, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue on your devices. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone? If so, some applications can conflict with the recent device software update. Have you updated the applications downloaded to your phone, as well?

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GEMINI453
Enthusiast - Level 3

^sigh

yes, every app on the phone is updated. Did you even read my post?

Is VZW investigating the battery drain and Bluetooth issues we are ALL having or not?

We never had ANY of these problems before the MM update. There are problems with the update, this is an undeniable fact.

please let us know what you guys are doing to resolve the problems that all of us our having....

The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry but I am not having any serious issues with marshmallow on my phone.

I would be complaining loudly if I did! It is not quite as stable as 5.1.1,

but not terrible. I didn't even need a factory reset.

So if you have done everything including factory reset and even a new

device with fresh battery, then maybe you should try uninstalling some apps

completely which may be causing trouble with your system.

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be nice to understand why some have issues and some do not.  The fact is we need helpful information to get to the root of the problem.  If you don't have problems, fine...count yourself as lucky.  Please let us with problems try to get resolution to our problems without discounting our situation (That goes double for folks from VZW not reading full posts).  We don't need added noise here except to focus Verizon and Samsung to our problems, frustration with no resolution thus far, and our need for a timely fix. 

The situation distilled.

Some seem to have general battery problems or the like since Marshmallow.  Might be caused by apps. Might be caused by batteries through too many cycles (especially those that went through the battery drain on the 5.x release).

Several of us reporting issues have particularly high power drain in the bluetooth category that is unresolved. Most of us have tried un-pair and re-pair devices and only get resolution with Bluetooth is totally off.  Some use Android Wear, Samsung Gear, while others just use headsets.

I fall into this BT related category, and had my hardware replaced and factory reset a month ago right after the upgrade to MM. I've taken the additional step of replacing my battery to no avail. The only resolution has come from totally turning off bluetooth and BLE...which is a totally impractical way to use a phone. Many of us here are seeing BT using 25-50% of battery in a given day...when previously on 5.1.1 we would see 5% on average.

The VZW health check does nothing on getting data on number of battery charge cycles to know if our batteries are good or not.  The health check also doesn't get any detail on what exactly within Bluetooth is draining the battery...therefore the data too generic and basically useless.

We don't need platitudes from VZ....as most of us dealt with those on the horrible 5.x upgrades.  The horrible 5.x upgrades caused most of our batteries to see far too many charging cycles, and now we are seeing the problems again.  There are many wildcards and unique pieces to our situations, but the fact is we need VZW/Samsung to get deeper data gathering on what is causing battery drain...and why is it only since MM upgrades? WE NEED A FIX...no more platitudes.

The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

Try uninstalling the gear/wear apps too, and see if that makes any

difference.

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been there and done that. Had wear uninstalled and unpaired for three days and still had excessive Bluetooth drain. Not the issue at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I5858, we don't want you to feel as if we aren't working to resolve your concern. A phone without battery life can be useless. Have you tried battery saving mode already? Try looking for your device here, and using the software repair assistant instructions to run the update again > http://vz.to/1Pb963Y

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

Battery Saving mode does ABSOLUTELY ZERO about Bluetooth drain. Tried it and it is not a solution.

Your comment about running the update again makes no sense if you read my notes fully.  This phone was just replaced with the software on it and factory reset.  If the update didn't work, then it was your repair depot that didn't check their work.

As stated by others....we want to know what is being done to pursue and fix the excessive battery drain seen by many users on MM.  We have already tried the basic things to remedy...and this is beyond what users can fix. It is time to quit spitballing responses that we have already tried and get to a real investigate and fix phase...otherwise we will feel like you are not working to solve our problems.

GEMINI453
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly!

Are you working to fix the problems or not VZW? It is a very simple question, yes or no??