Re: New Note 4 marshmallow Update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I5858, let me assure you that thorough testing is done prior to releasing any updates. Does it only drain quicker when it is connected to the Android Wear Device? Have you tried to un-pair and repair the device at any point? What kind of Android Wear Device do you have?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I have disconnected my Android Wear (Moto 360) device, and the Bluetooth drain is still excessive. I have paired and unpaired already once to no avail.  Bear in mind my Phone HW was just replaced a few days ago and also factory reset after the Marshmallow update....so I started with a very clean slate and still see Bluetooth drain as excessive. The other user mentioning the issue has the Samsung Gear and sees the same, so I think we can set the wear devices aside as the culprit...the problem started with Marshmallow. 

l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I totally removed all bluetooth devices including wear for half a day. I noticed that the BLE scanning appears to be on still. Tried to turn that off, and it still appears to be running in the background.    I added the devices back one at a time to see if there was any difference, and there was not. Everyday Bluetooth is still taking 20-45% of my battery....so there is definitely a problem still. 

The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

has anyone tried updating to the latest patch that was released a few days ago? did you notice any improvement with the previously seen issues? thanks

0 Likes
Paul_K_74

Yes, I have the first and then the second marshmallow update a few days ago, and the Bluetooth issue is still there.

I'd love to attach the Screenshot I have of this from my phone, especially where it goes from 40% to dead.

While bluetooth has been running for 17d since the last full charge that was at 8am... but this piece of crap website keeps telling me to login from the phone, in a never-ending loop of logins, searches and page refreshes.

so. yeah.

0 Likes
Tfulmore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the exact same issues. I also booted the phone into safe mode where i noticed that bluetooth doesn't work at all. I am sure its the OS and they are too. They just don't give a [removed] about fixing the problem. I believe these issues are created on purpose to keep you buying the latest phones!! Big Buisness=

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tfulmore - I can relate very well to your frustration.  Every release of late has had problems.  While testing is never perfect, these issues should have been caught...especially with the bluetooth and battery drain issues on the 5.x and now 6.x releases. 

VZW - I really tend to agree with Tfulmore that once the phone has been sold, there is no consideration for the customer who is stuck with a poor product. VZW might want to blame Samsung and Google...but the fact is I/we are your customers and we are not being treated properly by you and your vendors. Further, your claims to test software beforehand do not hold water when we keep finding such glaring bugs like these in every release. Speaking as someone who has had hardware replaced 7 times since getting this model 1.5 years ago (4 of those times in the last 3 months)...I think it is very reasonable to say quality is very poor and I as the customer have to bear the brunt day in and day out.  The fact that VZW doesn't say anything concrete and just gives platitudes does not make me want to remain a customer. I want VZW to say this problem is real (as many of us experience it), and that something is being done to actually get it on a speedy path to fix it.

The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

OK VZW community, I finally upgraded to 6.01 on my Note 4 this morning (CPF3) from 5.1.1 and the only problem I have with it so far is the ugly new colors of the folder icons! I did *NOT* factory reset before or after. I did boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition BEFORE running the upgrade. *STRONGLY* recommend you keep the device plugged in during the whole process, as it is incredibly CPU intensive and will seriously ravage your battery otherwise (for those of you with "device keeps rebooting at 20%" problems -- you need a replacement battery, $4.99 on ebay). So far now after a few hours, battery usage is showing low and normal (bluetooth, etc) and Task Manager shows 1.80GB free RAM at startup, perfectly normal for my device.

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

The_Sim - Keep your eye on battery use for several days and see what happens.  The first day or so my drain was pretty normal, then Bluetooth became a runaway user and has been ever since. Hopefully your luck holds out...since every other release they usually tell you to factory reset...and that burned me on the 5.x releases many times.

TJESTE01
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the latest patch? I checked just now and have only seen the main 6.0 update.

Is the patch 6.0.1?

0 Likes