NOTE 3 has horrible service.
planactmove
Enthusiast - Level 2

What can be done about my service on my NOTE 3. I am thinking about cancelling my service with Verizon and going back to Sprint because my phone does not work at my job and I get 1x service at home.  I live in the Atlanta Metro Area and should be in a continuous 4G area.  My counterparts with different phones, iPhone and S4 and S5 do not have the same connection issues.  I felt I was getting a top of the line phone but outside of the internal functionality of the phone, I am not able to get much service.  I had to open up a prepaid phone with ting.com (which uses sprint towers) just to get service at work. I am also using 1x service most of the time.  I have had my SIM card replaced twice at the store and I have applied a factory reset to my phone 3 times.  Could someone please assist me with this?

Tags (4)
Re: NOTE 3 has horrible service.
CxFusion3mp
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I have the same issues on our GS4s.  We are constantly dropping calls and losing signal in places we used to have full bars.  Never dropped a call or lost a signal with Verizon for almost 2.5 years.  They must have done something to their towers as both our galaxies never dropped a call or lost signal until a couple months ago.  I had 3g only in downtown today.  Downtown!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! We definitely want your devices working and for you to receive the service that you deserve. Let's figure this out. How long has this been going on? Have there been any recent changes to the device since the issues started? Any new applications or application updates? Software updates? Is there any damage to the device? Are the issues specific to this location only? Does service improve elsewhere?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
betzboop5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me to spent hundreds on a phone to get 1x at work n missed texts constantly

stef7
Master - Level 2

>> Post removed.  Discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

betzboop5, we want you to use your device to it's full advantage. What's your zip code? Do you have this wireless reception and text messaging issue everywhere you go or just in a specific place?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
planactmove
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it odd that this post from Verizon was to assist a person that have replied to my post and not myself.  I will answer the questions with the hopes that I will receive some assistance. This has been going on for almost the entire time I have had the phone. Although I have an additional account with Verizon, this one is newly added.  There have not been any recent changes to the device.  I have had simple  updates regarding apps like Instagram and Facebook. I have hard reset my phone three times in an effort to possibly remove any bad downloads.  My issues are not specific to any set location. When I am driving around downtown Atlanta, on the interstates, my phone is constantly switching towers and is rarely on 4g.  This is also the case in Warner Robins, GA. My other phone is the S4 and it is on 4g while my Note constantly changes. Devices works seamlessly when connected to Wifi. 

0 Likes
planactmove
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code is 30044

0 Likes
budone
Legend

These issues are all tied to the KitKat update to the Note3. The reps are aware of this as they have answered each post about this issue with the same, 'Blinders on' responses.

Sent from my iPad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

planactmove, thanks for providing your location. No issues reported in Georgia at this time. However, let's take a closer look at your device. After hard resetting your device, did you redownload the same applications that you previously had?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes