0 Likes
Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
Naujit_Moreno
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

who told you the Verizon Note 2 is getting KitKat today? Or did you see it? Build number and kernel date please! If that's true.... Verizon is really messed up and has no priorities. The Note 3 still doesn't even have it. I know the Galaxy S3 on Sprint got KitKat yesterday.... But haven't heard anything until now about KitKat for the Note 2.

0 Likes
Sweetwater56
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you look in the log I posted it says note 2 and today's date.

0 Likes
Sweetwater56
Enthusiast - Level 3

All I saw was the Note 2 last updated 5/2/14 and then the Note 3 Dec something of 13.. didn't notice the build or kernel...to pissed off..

0 Likes
Tizzmahnizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

The note 2 update is just to allow roaming on telus networks in Canada. Sprint however is pushing out the note 2 kit Kat update. With our note 3 update MIA still which really made me decide to take my 3 lines and leave Verizon once my contract is up this year.

micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am telling you, it's all smoke and mirrors. We are always the last to be upgraded. I know when we are getting KitKat, it's when our competitors move on from KitKat.

micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's May3rd 2014, and guess what? That's right, no upgrade.

rosedillinger90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, you guys all pretty much said what I've said. Really looking forward to the end of my contract and taking my business elsewhere. By then, I'll be able to get the Note 5 xD and on a carrier than isn't slow as (removed) when it comes to updates. I mean, it's like they take great pride in being the slowest in the nation when it comes to updates. And their properties are (removed) up beyond belief. They update the S4 before the Note 3, and the Note 3 had the update before the S4 ever did! But the cherry on top of this (removed) sundae...they update the two year old Droid DNA...the (removed) are they thinking?!?! Are they purposely trying to infuriate us?! I mean they have had more than enough time prepare the update!! I spoke to a Verizon spokesperson in live chat about this issue and he actually said he was going to see if he could get to the bottom of this. If he doesn't respond by Monday (he said he would get an answer from Verizon and Samsung I'm 72 hours), or if it's the same answer we've been getting from these so-called caring representatives on this forum, I've had it. Never again will I update my service. I've seen many others do this, and it will hurt Verizon. We are paying for a 700 phone that isn't even up to date in terms of software.

Verizon, just give us a good SOLID piece of information that we need. Don't tell us you don't know, and if you don't find someone who does!!! Whether it be if you're still testing it, or if you haven't gotten the update to test it, just let us know!!! Stop holding out on us!! I created an account on here just to address this already addressed issue...that's how bad you are at this Verizon!!! Quit trying to sugarcoat us with the same half (removed) excuse. Say something new for once!! We gave a right to the update!!

It's like we're being cheated here! Seriously! It's like comparing it to a girl who doesn't have a nice dress at the prom while everyone else does, not because her parents couldn't afford, but they're cheap (lame comparison, I know)!! And that's Verizon. They're the cheapskate parents that won't give us what all the other carriers have. Seriously Verizon, it got old when it first started and it hasn't gotten any better...

Well, that's my lame rant on this forum ^_^ it doesn't make me feel any better, but hey in case they does see this, I want them to know what they are.

Edited as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

BRPopilek
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I think I have been pretty patient waiting for this update to arrive. I have bit my tongue and just continued to check the web for any kind of information. I just don't understand why VZW can't take a moment to say "Hey, we're testing it and have a tentaive release date of ???". Instead, giving the end users/customers the silent treatment only infurriates everyone. I currently have 4 phones on my account, and to be honest I have been looking to switch to AT&T. The customer service at VZW has been horrible, and to always be months late to update their phones only makes matters works. Oh, lest us not forget the higher prices! This is the end of my rant, just be aware you are close to losing 4 more lines of service if this isn't released soon.