Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
Sweetwater56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got off the phone with Verizon and Samsung on a unrelated issue...Verizon blames Samsung while Samsung told me both versions of kitkat are put the 4.4.2 and the 4.4.4 build....so come 90 Verizon pull the lead out of your ass..

0 Likes
dryrot

well the update came through. GPS sees 25 birds but 5 apps that I've used in the past both on HTC and Verizon gal4 see the birds but can acquire none. Hope no one is driving with vz gps Water is still pretty cold up north.

0 Likes
Bandrewk34
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is a Powerful answer.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

What update came through? Note 3?

JesGomez7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, what update are you talking about?  If you haven't noticed, this is the Note 3 forum.  If it's not an Note 3 phone, then don't speak about it.  Don't tease us like that.  We only care about the update for Note 3, all the other phones have been updated so we don't really care about them.

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

This is becoming (removed)! Must be a running joke inside Verizon regarding purposely not updating the Note 3. At this point, if there is some major issue(s) as to why the KitKat update for the Note 3 can't be certified and pushed, could somebody who works for Verizon please talk to who ever they need to or find someone who can just get one simple status update on it. All we want to know is what the big hold up is? Are you waiting for 4.4.3 instead of 4.4.2? Are certain features not working? Are you adding more features? Is the update even close to certification or are we looking at 3 months from now? Come on, give us a little tid bit about the situation, at the very least. Don't need an exact date, just an idea of where in testing it is. Can somebody, just one person working for Verizon please come through with some meaningful information and not the typical response your told to tell us about not having any info. Someone who works for Verizon knows, please find that person or people and tell them many people are just curious about the status of the update and whatever the big hold up is We could handle that, what is incredibly hard to handle is hear oems providing some transparency regarding their updates being certified or needing to be respun and then tested again and then being pushed out OTA all while our Note 3 still hasn't had anything at all since early December of 2013.

Comment edited as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

Sweetwater56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like the Note 2 on Verizon is getting kitkat today..so where the hell is the Note 3's update?

cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

I have a note 2 on my account, and don't see any update.

0 Likes
Naujit_Moreno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked the update list and it does say that the note 2 is receiving an update today but it doesn't say 4.4.2 update the s4 says 4.4.2 update so I just think it's a improvement update for the note 2...

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

what "update list" are you referring to checking? The software support page for the Note 2? Or you have a list with updates on it? If so, where is the Note 3 update?

0 Likes