My phone keeps changing to a date and time to the past
badday76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Whenever I am at work and I do not have any reception my phone will change the date and time to a previous year. At the time of me writing this, it is 10 am on the 7th of July 2020, but my phone says it is 9 am on the 21st of November 2000.

If I reboot my phone it will come back to the correct date and time. The Automatic update for date and time is on. My phone has the latest updates installed. This has happened in previous updates. 

This only seems to happen when I am at work. I have a co-worker that has the same issues, but he has a Pixel phone. He is on Verizon as well.

This is frustrating especially when I receive a text. It will place the text at the beginning of the chain, as though I got it in 2000.

Does anyone know of a fix? Or what causes it? Is it an Andriod issue? Is this a matter of a bad/outdated tower in the area? (Near Cannonsburg PA)

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone keeps changing to a date and time to the past
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you ever set the date manually, badday76? When you are in your Date & Time menu, and you have your Automatic Date & Time in the Off position, you'll have an option to set the date. If this has never been done, it's possible that any time you lose connections to all networks it's reverting back due to never being set. Can you try setting the date & time manually, along with yoru Time Zone? Keep us posted. EricW_VZW

0 Likes