My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 won't update
codiahcade

Hello fellow users,

I was just curious. Did any of your phones update the 4.3 yet? I seen a leaked reveal of dates that it was supposed to come out. But obviously it hasn't happened yet.

Feel free to comment and let me know.

@codiahcade

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 won't update
brenro

Verizon is the absolute SLOWEST carrier when it comes to updates. The fragmentation of Android is between Samsung and US carriers taking forever and a day to push out updates. They want you to buy a new phone. We are on our last carrier subsidized phones. No more.

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Just curious as why you thought it was comming out on black friday

0 Likes
sldeakins

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-43-jelly-bean-update-samsung-galaxy-note-2-reportedly-receives-new-os...

Notice it states Verizon note 2 update is 11/29   I'm still waiting to update also..I've had my Note 2 since it came out last winter..my husband got the most recent S4 just a few months ago and he's already updated his software like 2 or 3 weeks ago!  It's crazy!

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Notice it says leaked so its not confirmed and well being its been 2 days I say the leak was wrong. And I think when the s4 had Iissues vzw stopped the plan along with at&t cause their note 2 is not updated either.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It is a leaked date. It doesn't mean the date won't change. Most internal dates are always loose estimates. They should be treated as such unless it's a official announcement from Verizon(or any carrier for their specific devices). Reps will always be the last to know and asking them is like asking MacDonald's when BurgerKing will have a sale on the Whopper.

brenro

The point is not updating on whatever date date was leaked. The point is this phone has been updated in Europe and on AT&T, T Mobile, and Sprint and as usual Verizon users are left waiting and waiting and waiting. They have the best coverage and they have a fast network but they are ridiculously slow rolling out updates and in getting the latest phones.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's a vast market difference and consumer influence. You can't compare Europe to the US unless you include those dynamics. In Europe consumers blame the manufacturers even if they get their devices subsidized by them. Here we'll gladly blame the carriers regardless. That alone make the biggest difference.

Also there are times when Verizon gets updates out before other carriers do. Moto X for example Verizon was first to update. Chances are Verizon does things are on basis when the update was submitted and carriers don't overlap updates on roll outs. This helps with network load. Even in Europe they follow the same thing when it comes to roll outs.

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Funny if u google 4.3 on the note 2 it onky shows sprint getting it at&t doesnt have a release date for it yet as at&t just releases the s4 update

>>Post edited to comply with the    Discussion concerning rooting, jailbreaking, or modding is not permitted in this forum<<

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

<< Post removed to comply with >>

0 Likes