My Note4 is at Lollipop (Android V5.0) and says it is uptodate; Why don't I have V6 Marshmallow
sdean7855
0 Likes
Re: My Note4 is at Lollipop (Android V5.0) and says it is uptodate; Why don't I have V6 Marshmallow
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The most recent software update was released on 6/24/2016. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My Note4 is at Lollipop (Android V5.0) and says it is uptodate; Why don't I have V6 Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure that you have the latest update sdean7855. Here http://spr.ly/6582B40Uj are the instructions on how to update your phone.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdean7855

This is complicated. Some background:

= The update from KitKat to Lollipop was automatic almost forced upon me. Not this time, wasn't notified, much less had auto update about Marshmallow.

= Abiout a month ago I upgraded to Win10 Pro and have applied Anniversary update.

= I am running Vz SW Upgrade Assistant - Samsung apparently at the latest level from what I can check. It is resident after boot on the right side of the toolbar.

1: I invoke it (click onthe taskbar icon)  with or without my Note 4 connected and get pLEASE CONNECT.JPG

2: i disconnect and reconnect or just connect my Note 4 if it hasn't been.  I will see a notification popup saying connected Samsung File-Stor Gadget USB Device.  Later see

3: MS Photos pops up but is unhappy. it looks like this

MSPhotos connect.JPG

4:  Within a second a notificatuon popup says the Samsung F-S GUD has been  removed

5: a bit later Notofication pops up: Samsung Mobile USB Modem connected.

6: if i click on  Vz SW Upgrade Assistant icon on the task bar, i get the same popup telling me to disconnect and reconnect the Note.  Doing so just loops the cycle i've described.  Occasionally, i get a new popup telling me my Note is locked and I must unlock it, like this:

Device Locked, rtetry after unlocck.JPG

What lock is this? I am no longer under contract, just month to month and this wasn't necessary uopgrade from KK to MM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, sdean7855. Just to clarify, I believe the last 2 pictures were referring to the device simply being unlocked, as in not prompting you for the passcode/phrase. If you've not done so, please unlock the device, ensure the correct USB mode is selected (cycle through all of them if you need), and access the Upgrade Assistant. Let me know how that works for you.

TylerK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: My Note4 is at Lollipop (Android V5.0) and says it is uptodate;  Why don't I have V6 Marshmallow
sdean7855

Dear Verizon Wireless Customer Support​,

1: the device is unlocked (opened with passphrase)

2: as to the usb settngs, I have tried it 4 ways.

a: as an installer, the default, with none of the usb settings checked

b: in the usb computer connection menu on the Note4, i have tried all 3 choices:

i:media device (MTP)

II: Camera (PTP)

III: MEDIA DEVICE (usb 3,0)

in all cases, whether the N4 is connected or disconnected and reconnected, i get:

pLEASE CONNECT.JPG

it appears that the samsung cable modem is active on the usb string (MS Photo, as previuosly explained, sees it)....but VSUA doesn't see it.  maybe a problem with W10?  I have one of your company stores nearby...if i took it there, could they upgrade it?

0 Likes
Re: My Note4 is at Lollipop (Android V5.0) and says it is uptodate;  Why don't I have V6 Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdean7855, we want to ensure you're able to get that software update on your device. I'm sure we can figure this out. If your PC is not able to read your phone, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/1OoRHFk and retry the update here as it's possible you may be missing a few drivers key to getting your PC to recognize the device and allow for the download/installation of that update. Our stores do not perform software updates to devices.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdean7855

This is not an answer. Your link goes to Samsung SmartSwitch , but a) it doesn't do OS upgrades and b) it does backups and c) you are talking about PC drivers which wouldn't come from Samsung.  THIS IS NOT SUPPORT. I have a corporate contact that I would rather not involve, but if the people here haven't the competence, initiative  and dedication to fix this problem with an expensive device, I will call on the contact and explain that you are lacking in these abilities. I have explained the problem in detail. Neither your over the cellular air or through the PC systems for update are working for me and my phone. One of them should.

0 Likes
sdean7855

I have explained in considerable detail just how:

• the upgrade isn't recognized as needed given that the phone is at V5LP
  • Verizon Software Upgrade  Assistant doesn't see the  Samsung Note4

You are just waving URL hyperlinks at me that don't answer the problem. I have an expensive item which you should support.  To do that you need to get someone authoritative to figure out why the over the air update isn't working and/or why the VSUA doesn't see the phone....which isn't covered in any of your canned answer web pages. I need a call from someone that really knows what's what's with VSUA,  W10 and the the Note4's understanding of whether it's update at the current level of Android.  A call to [removed] or direct email to [removed] would be appropriate.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdean7855, I want to make sure that you receive the proper answers to your quest to update your Note 4. I know I rely on the updates as well to make sure I have all needed changes. I was reviewing and want to ask if you can try to complete the upgrade by clicking http://spr.ly/6583BfevH . Are you trying to upgrade on the VZW network or over a wifi connection?

VeronicaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes