Re: My Note 4 after update 6/14 is draining fast and charging slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure there's plenty of steps we can take before jumping over to the reset, TJESTE01. Thanks for filling me in on what's been going on. Please use the steps at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note-4-update/ to view your software version and make sure it matches up with the current software version listed. Also, when not plugged in but noticing the significant drain, please go into Apps > Settings > Battery and scroll down to see the apps that have been using your battery most. What are the top 3 things listed?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHURCHie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't listen to them. This is a issue with note 4 and the update they sent out. This is happening to lots of people and a factory reset won't do anything. The company sent a bad update and we need to get together to have it rolled back or look in to a class action suit for sending a bad update.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Sigh.

SInce you come across as oh so knowledgeable, you would know that you cannot file a class action law suit, per the government. Even if you could you would be asked about all troubleshooting steps taken, which you didn't or refuse to do, or send it to the manufacturer for repair, which you didn't or refuse to do. So it wouldn't be a winning case anyway.

0 Likes
TJESTE01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried most things like clear cache etc and have been updating all the apps when available. it seems like it's slowly getting better. I didn't want to do a factory reset because I wanted to figure out the main issue. It might be that all the apps need to be updated. Unfortunately, they all don't update at once.

This site linked below has some good ideas as well as the ones suggested here. I turned the airplane mode on and off and also re-linked my internet wifi at my house.

Android Marshmallow problems and how to fix them - AndroidPIT

I hope everyone else's phone gets back to peak efficiency!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GEMINI453,

Having a battery that lasts is a must. I can relate to how important this is to you. Additionally, I don’t want to see you be done or go elsewhere. Let’s look into this together. How long is your battery lasting? When did you do the update?

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ice38063
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. The issue is the marshmallow update sent out.  I have 4 note 4's on my account  and all 4 have went crazy sinsert the update. We can't keep them charged. They have issues with random restarts.  Verizon needs to get this fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your device Ice38063. I regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing on all devices since the update. When did you update the software on the phone? Do you notice the phone restart after opening certain applications? How soon after a full charges does the phone need to be recharged?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes