Re: My Note 4 after update 6/14 is draining fast and charging slow
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Just because it's your opinion that's it's a bad excuse, doesn't mean it is one. There is proof of that being something happens within a weeks time, power cycling it, etc.

0 Likes
CHURCHie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you a programmer?  If not [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

What if I said I was? Over the years I and many other people on this forum have had so many different devices that our knowledge of how they work would put a "programmer" to shame. Ur comment is like someone telling a nurse "unless youre a doctor don't put in my iv." And nurses and phlebotomists have WAY more experience.

0 Likes
TJESTE01
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery is terrible after the recent security update. I used to lose about 7% of the battery overnight. I now loose 40% of the battery charge overnight. Waking up with a 60% charged battery is NOT acceptable.

This is all from the recent update. Until they give us a fix, no amount of factory resets etc will fix this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your battery to last you throughout your work day, DudeGuyInc. After the update did you also update all of your applications? Are all of your active applications closed or running in the background? 

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TJESTE01
Enthusiast - Level 2

For my issue, at first is was laggy because of the apps updating etc. After a few days and all apps updated, the battery life is terrible. I can see the battery level decrease as I use the device.

I close all active apps after I use them. Like I said, I went from using 7% of my battery overnight to losing 30-40% of my battery overnight. Something is still running behind the scenes that I don't know about or have access to.

What is in the 6.0.1 update? Mine is the 6.0.

@JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

DDid you do one?

0 Likes
TJESTE01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did I do one what??

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

A Factory reset

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not having any significant problems with Marshmallow on my phone. You shouldn't need to factory reset the device. Try clearing the system cache, though. You may just need to replace your old battery (especially if it's still the original).

0 Likes