My Note 4 after update 6/14 is draining fast and charging slow
KATMCC31
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Note 4 did the update on 6/14 and this morning the battery went from 32%-15% in about 3-4 minutes looking at Facebook (no video viewing). I plugged it in about 8:30am on the fast charger it came with and it went to about 53% quickly and now at 11:00am it is only at 90%.

Is anyone else having this issue and do you have an recommendations?  Thank You!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Note 4 after update 6/14 is draining fast and charging slow
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Google Play and update ALL of your apps. All of them.

Clear App Cache. Settings > Storage > Tap Cached Data > Clear.

Reboot to Recovery

Clear Cache Partition

Reboot to the Phone

Go to Settings > Battery > Menu > select the option to Optimize Battery Usage. Optimize all of your apps to enable Doze mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

pull the battery & charge with it turned off.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Google Play and update ALL of your apps. All of them.

Clear App Cache. Settings > Storage > Tap Cached Data > Clear.

Reboot to Recovery

Clear Cache Partition

Reboot to the Phone

Go to Settings > Battery > Menu > select the option to Optimize Battery Usage. Optimize all of your apps to enable Doze mode.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Perform a full factory data reset on the device

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATMCC31 - Having the Marshmallow software is a great way to make your Note 4 function better. I see that our great community members have offered some great advice. Is the battery issue the only problem you are having? Please allow 6-7 days for the Software to settle in. Normally any issues that occur after a software update resolve themselves. If the issue persists, please let us know. We will always be here for you. 

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DudeGuyInc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the battery drain problem too.  Well, my Note 4 and my wife's Note 4--so two phones.  After the 6.01 update, the phones are draining fast.  Where we were getting 4 days of battery (we hardly use our phones), the battery is draining to about 35% within 6 hours.  I did all the usual stuff to conserve battery usage and still draining like mad.  Nothing has changed to the phone except the 6.01 update.

I did the storage cache delete and the partition delete, and the phone is more responsive (back to pre-update responsive), but the battery is still draining like mad.

CHURCHie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having serious battery drain issues also with 6.0.1 with note 4. Clearing all cache, reinstalling software isnt the issue. This is a bad update.

0 Likes
CHURCHie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lol.  Really?  Wait and the software will work its self out?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

YYes really. A hard reset also has been said plenty of times on various posts but people are too unwilling to do it. Tech support would walk you through that anyway.

0 Likes
CHURCHie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im fully aware how to do a factory install. Im also fully aware that waiting 6-7 days doesnt make software settle and fix itself. Thats a crap excuse that low level tech support gives customers, to make them go away so they dont have to deal with the issue.

0 Likes