My Note 3 won't send picture messages
lanceamiillion
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (on Verizon) running Jellybean. The issue I am having is that my phone doesn't seem to want to send picture messages. Here are the details.

It says the MMS is sent but they never get the picture. It doesn't matter if I send it with caption or without caption. If I send it with caption they say they can read the caption but they don't get a picture. If I send it without caption, then I know they get something on their end because they will tell me they will ask me what I was trying to send and that they didn't get anything, so I am guessing they just get a blank box or something.

The only exception to this is if I send a picture that I took inside the messaging app. What I mean by this is that I will select the attachment button and then hit take a picture. After I take the picture and select save it will save "picture too large, compressing..." This leads me to believe that maybe my Note 3 is not sending the image correctly because it is not compressing them. It only tells me it is compressing pictures that I just took.

A couple of details about my phone:

I use the native text messaging app (I would prefer not to download a 3rd party app if possible)

My phone is not rooted or unlocked

My phone used to send picture just fine, then it just sort of stopped working

It doesn't matter if I try to send the picture or Wi-Fi, 4G, or 3G

It doesn't matter what kind of phone I am sending it to (iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.)

It doesn't matter if I send it to a group or an individual

I receive picture texts just fine

I can send group MMS's just fine (that don't have pictures attached)

Re: My Note 3 won't send picture messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lanceamiillion,

Lets get those pictures flowing! Are you able to receive picture messages? Also, if you do use an app downloaded from the Play Store are you able to send the pictures?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

lanceamiillion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I receive picture texts just fine. Also I just did a little test run with Chomp STAND pictures I was having trouble sending before went through without a hitch. But if there is a way I can fix the native messaging app I would prefer to do that as I am not a huge fan of 3rd party messaging applications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get your native messaging application working. You mentioned previously that you believe your phone may not be compressing your pictures properly. Have you tried changing the photo size within your camera's settings? If not, you can do this by accessing your camera, touching your menu icon and selecting settings. From the next screen, you will be able to select a different photo size. Please let us know if you are still unable to send a picture message successfully.

AndreaS_VZW

lanceamiillion
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is not when sending pictures taken by my camera. Let's say I take a screenshot and try and send it, the other person won't get it. I know that if I send it to an iPhone then it says that the file is too large to view, I don't know what it says if I send it to another Android or Windows phone.

So let me restate. If I take a picture and send it inside the messaging application it says "compressing image" and sends fine. However if I try to send anything else like a screenshot or downloaded photo it does not go through. They get a message basically telling them that I was trying to send something but that's it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lanceamiillion,

We appreciate the clarification and examples provided. In this scenario I would recommend downloading our Verizon Messages application and attempt sending the picture message that way.

This will will work seamlessly with your phones original messaging application. Please test and let us know if the same error continues to be displayed?

EfrainM_VZW

lanceamiillion
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have already established that downloading a 3rd party app will fix the issue. I have used your messaging app before, and it wasn't bad. But I want my native application to work. It should compress pictures on its own and send them just like any other app. In fact it used to do just that and then all of a sudden no one was getting my picture messages.

Long story short, there should be a way to fix my native app without having to avoid the issue and download a 3rd party one.

0 Likes
lanceamiillion
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went ahead and decided to download Verizon Messages as a quick fix, however that did not solve the problem either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the information that you were able to provide. Have you tested the device in Safe Mode since running into the issue? http://vz.to/1kOSTSH

Do you have longer threads currently within the messaging app? Have you cleared data and cache from the messaging app by heading into Settings > Apps > Manage Apps > All > Messaging

YosefT_VZW

keithfedak

I have the same problem. I even factory reset my phone. No fix. The receiver of message gets this error: one or more of the message components has been deleted by the mms adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your handset.

0 Likes