My Note 3 is having the most difficult time charging, whether I use my original charger or a different one. It also will no longer hold a charge for more than a few hours.
allaboutmykids2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 3 is having the most difficult time charging, whether I use my original charger or a different one. It also will no longer hold a charge for more than a few hours.

0 Likes
Re: My Note 3 is having the most difficult time charging, whether I use my original charger or a different one. It also will no longer hold a charge for more than a few hours.
Not applicable

How old is it?

The batteries are designed to recharge a certain number of times, then they will no longer hold a charge.  You can purchase a replacement battery if this is the case.

0 Likes
Re: My Note 3 is having the most difficult time charging, whether I use my original charger or a different one. It also will no longer hold a charge for more than a few hours.
paddgirl21

I'm  having the same problem with mine. The screen will start telling me to use the original charger that came with the phone and that it has stopped charging because the charger I'm using will damage the phone. I have tried clearing the active apps, restarted, took the battery out, etc. nothing has worked. This is driving me nuts.

0 Likes
swalsh3030

Turn off  your Bluetooth that should enable WiFi connection update 4.4.3 is suppose to fix this issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of the issues your are experiencing while charging your phone paddgirl21! Have you tried other chargers or charger cables? If not please do, and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
allaboutmykids2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased the phone in November shortly after its release. I wouldn't think the battery would have taken a crap that soon after purchase, but I could be wrong?

0 Likes
allaboutmykids2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep! That's exactly what I get..no matter if I use the original charger or not. Drives me absolutely crazy.

0 Likes
allaboutmykids2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Bluetooth is always off. I don't think I've ever used it since I purchased the phone.

0 Likes
allaboutmykids2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know I've tried other chargers to no avail. Verizon also sent me a CLN device and it still did the same thing, so I sent it back. They've now sent me a new battery and charger, so we'll see if that fixes things.

0 Likes
somethingelse99

Mine was only 45 days old, it went from working perfectly to not recognizing the charger and losing 80% of battery life overnight.  This is a software issue, not a bad battery or charger..

0 Likes