Re: May 31 2017 "Security Update" for Samsung Note 4
DLL21014
Enthusiast - Level 3

JIMBO721

Although not a complete fix, I downloaded the WakeLock-Power Manager by darken as you recommended. so far so good with phone apps running and phone has not shutdown until I force it to. This app stays on in the background with the Partial_Wake_Lock function selected. Note 4 still has difficulty restarting after Power Off or Restart since the app is not running at that point. Hasn't fixed the Note completely but I have a functioning phone again.

I don't know how you found this particular app to apply as a fix, but I thank you JIMBO721 for the recommendation. Thanks for just saying!

- DLL210124

JIMBO721
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was like you and at the end of my rope

I found this fix/patch/app on an Android message board. I was skeptical at first, especially with partial_wake_lock.

But then I gave it a shot and it made my phone usable again so I knew other people were at the same end of the same rope so I tried to help. Glad it's working out for you.

nyarch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the "this seemed to work" list... so #Verizon - Fix this wakelock ***AGAIN*** because as I recall this was an issue in an MAY 2016 OTA update (if I'm not mistaken)...

JIMBO721
Enthusiast - Level 3

To have the wake lock start when your phone reboots or powers on, click on

options in the wakelock app and click the autostart on boot box. It'll fire

up automatically

DLL21014
Enthusiast - Level 3

I set to Autostart on boot as you mentioned. I Restarted my phone. My phone still stalled (very slow start-up) and booted twice on its own before it went through the full sign on. At least it didn't freeze to the point of a force boot/start as it had required prior to this setting.

Again, thank you JIMBO721

Note4JMM
Enthusiast - Level 1

So many note 4 users are having this issue clearly caused by the buggy update thay was distributed. Verizon or Samsung needs to fix the "update"

palmcrash
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's Note 4 has the same constant lag/freeze/reboot issue after CQE1 update in early June.  My Note 4 running custom ROM didn't take the update and is still running fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

palmcrash, we want to do everything we can to ensure your wife's phone is running smoothly. Let's get this resolved, have you attempted any troubleshooting steps so far? If so, can you please let us know what you've tried?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
palmcrash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried factory reset, cleared cache, Verizon EUT to re-download, wake lock, new OEM battery.  Still having random locks & reboots.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

palmcrash, it certainly sounds like you've put in a lot of effort so far. This is greatly appreciated. A factory reset is typically the last step for troubleshooting so we want to make sure we're both on the same page as to how this reset took place.

When going through the factory reset process on your wife's phone, was she able to take some time to see if the phone was still experiencing the same issues before downloading and re-installing all of her previous content (apps, accounts, etc)? How long after the factory reset did she experience the same issues?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes