Re: May 31 2017 "Security Update" for Samsung Note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help clarify that, Dll21014.  I recommend removing the memory card and attempt to use the device without the memory card in it.  Also, I did not see this in the thread, but have you attempted to place the device into Safe Mode?  Here are two ways to boot the device into Safe Mode: http://vz.to/2sTxpPC or alternate way: http://vz.to/2r6I88g. Please let us know if there is a difference after this.

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DLL21014
Enthusiast - Level 3

AdamB_VZW

You have not seen the series of private messages with EricaC_VZW explaining all I've done but she has not replied since last Friday.

The different battery was promising until about 1.5 hr ago. I used the phone to send a text, put phone in my pocket. Half hour later I pulled phone out to try to take a photo and it was locked up in a black screen. I have since restarted it twice using Normal Mode (the black screen with 4 mode choices came up). Yes, I have tried several times Safety Mode to no success, so not an app issue. I have even eliminated some apps I originally had before the troubles began.

I have not tried the phone without the SD card. What would be the purpose of that? BTW, I'm using a new Samsung brand micro SD card replaced since the phone troubles (copied content via a computer).

Otherwise, like I said, I have tried whatever I have control over to no avail. It has been almost 1 month since phone has gone wacky with that 1 change, that Software Update.

Thank you.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

The phone is several years old. It's time for a new one.

0 Likes
DLL21014
Enthusiast - Level 3

You buy into this disposible society, shame!  This was s a perfectly working phone in near perfect condition until the software update, and not several years old to me. Why am I not the only one with same issues? So, why is my old S4 working fine? Huh? If so inclined with sucking up to consumerism pherson, you can buy me a new $850 phone every year they come out.

DLL21014
Enthusiast - Level 3

AdamB_VZW

I tried leaving the SD card out, that did not change situation. Phone still would shutdown and couldn't restart without a rest period.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLL21014, we appreciate all of these details you have provided us with. To clarify further; Has a factory reset been performed completely, versus just using the Software Repair Assistant? We want to gather as many details of what has been performed, in order to have this issue reviewed further.

Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DLL21014
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, twice. Once by choice, once when the phone rebooted to Reset.

JIMBO721
Enthusiast - Level 3

Crazy...I get an an unauthorized message when trying to access that thread.

JIMBO721
Enthusiast - Level 3

DLL...

Try what I posted and your headache will go away. This looks like a kernel bug with the OS/CPU.

Verizon tech support isn't going to help much because it's wayyyyyy out of their depth.

Try for one day is all I'm saying...

DLL21014
Enthusiast - Level 3

JIMBO721

I saw your earlier post. It certainly is worth a try, but what am I looking for in that Wake list? In your case, what made you select Partial_Wake_Lock?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try.