Re: Marshmellow Update for Note 4
Bigsteelguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Marshmallow on the Note4? I doubt Verizon will update it, so i wouldn't hold my breath. Even if they do, it won't be till 2018 anyway. Hell it's been August 2015 since my last update and that was 6 months ago. That is far too long between updates. I believe once a month is acceptable, especially when apps get updated like twice a week, sometimes 3 times. I would highly suggest to wait till the Note6 and see if Samsung finally turns it's phone making around. The Note5 is even worse than the Note3, it's that bad. They went backwards with it.

I would recommend a Nexus 6p if you want Marshmallow right away, but i did hear Samsung is working on bringing out their version of MM to Samsung phones within the next year. Then again on Verizon i wouldn't hold my breath.

0 Likes
Re: Marshmellow Update for Note 4
Eagle3601
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a follow up, I returned my Note 4 to Verizon in October after it constantly overheated and would lose battery power within 2 hours of use. Verizon gave me a reconditioned phone, which, as much as I would have preferred a new phone, has shown marketed improved performance. I am definitely not going to buy another Samsung, and most likely not stay with Verizon given their tardy upgrades.  My new years resolution is to buy either a Nexus or iPhone and take my business elsewhere.