Marshmallow
ftlng
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Note 4 is starting to slow down AGAIN since the last update.  Does anyone know when the note 4 is getting Marshmallow or will we need to wait forever as Verizon encourages us to just buy another phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update has been released; it could be a few days before your phone sees it, though, since updates are released in waves.  See:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would not want your device to slow down, Ftling. Let me help to get things sped up. What exact issues are you experiencing when your device is slow? Do you have any new 3rd party apps that needed to be updated after the software update was completed? Simply check by going into your app manager to see if any need updating. For any news on when the next software update would be available, please refer to this link http://tiny.cc/u7uaby
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ftlng
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link you provided me tells me absolutely nothing.  It tells me when I updated to the version I already have.  We Note 4 owners got [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] so much with the last update.  Here we were with the "flagship" device receiving nothing while everything else was getting updated.  We just received excuse after excuse.

As for my apps, I routinely update my apps.  I rely a great deal on my Note 4.  It has now gotten the point that when I do something such as initiate a new email, I can go make a cup of coffee on my Keurig while I wait for the screen to come.  My phone has started sending double texts on occasion, the reason my last phone got replaced. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Davidsh331
Enthusiast - Level 1

And Verizon wonders why folks like myself never purchase phones from Verizon any longer.  Those who continue to purchase from Verizon should not be surprised when updates take forever, or never.  Updates for Verizon phones must touch 3 vendors, Google, Samsung and then finally Verizon, each making tons of modifications, and none of which is in any rush.  My Android phone purchases now come from a single provider, Google.  My Nexus 6P is awesome, does not tie me to any single provider, is fully compatible, and most importantly, gets me updates on day ONE when Google releases them.  Updates only need to touch one provider, Google, therefore, no delays getting to end user.  I also get monthly security updates from Google.  Try and get those on Verizon...

So, take a lesson and buy Nexus directly from Google and be a happy Android user.

meeeeeeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are so right.. I've had the same experience and Verizon just gives the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] response... Verizon customer service is now worse than AT&T which I left 15 years ago.. I've wasted more time/money dealing with ignorant people(even supervisors) at Verizon customer (scam)service than the total amount of money I've spent on Verizon phones over 15 years.. Sad..

0 Likes
meeeeeeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stop the canned replies.. It's so old.. Verizon doesn't care and has the worst customer service out of all the companies.. You have cost me $1000's of me wasting my time trying to get Verizon to help correct the problems Verizon created.. I have documented everything for years and called too many times to count and everyone says we will take care of it.. Well Verizon has never once solved my problems.. You also did away with the Grandfathered in Unlimited data plan a few months after I bought my Note 4.. Verizon said to buy the Note 4 full price so I could keep the unlimited data plan. But Verizon never said they would do away with the well cherished unlimited data plan. Verizon did and won't even partially reimburse me for my Full Price phone.. Shame on you.. The only thing good about Verizon is the dividend they pay on their stock.. Everything else is awful..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update has been released; it could be a few days before your phone sees it, though, since updates are released in waves.  See:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless