Marshmallow update Galaxy note 5
captainhamm3r

I updated both my phone and my wife's note 5 to the new Marshmallow OS. Now our Sbeam function doesn't work. It says "your device does not support Sbeam function"

Anyone else have this problem on a note 5 or other Samsung device since the update?

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update Galaxy note 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the Play Store or the Samsung store for an update to the application.  They might have replaced the function with the standard Google NFC transfer option.  Samsung would know what happened to the pevious feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
captainhamm3r

I don't see anything in the Google play store. I find it hard to believe that Samsung would get rid of such a popular and handy feature. I hope it's just a bug they fix soon I guess.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know how handy it is.  I have used the NFC file transfer which is similar to Sbeam once or twice since I got my current phone over a year ago.  Both times it was to transfer from one phone to another.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tdish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update I have problems charging my phone. My phone will ask for the original charger when I am using the original charger. Example of charging problem: I charged it the night before last in the morning I had a full charge, I charged it last night and this morning had a 20% charge and it is still connected and it is now 18%.

I have also had problems sending text and note 5 won't let me use message to send a text, just messenger through Facebook.

I loved my note 3 and hate my note 5. There are probably more problem I can't think of right now.

0 Likes