Marshmallow Problems - HOT, Battery, and Freeze!!
pardav1

I updated yesterday all excited about MM's doze feature

What a big mistake!!! AVOID FOR NOW!!

Immediately the battery drain was incredible. 30% in 1 hour. Then I couldn't open my message app (which is default samsung). Tried to download Textra or use the verizon messenger app and see if it could draw out my messages but they couldn't either. It was as if Message was totally frozen. Then noticed the phone got incredibly hot while charging. 147F to be exact!!!!

Anyone having similar problems?

I did a factory reset and now messaging works. But battery life is WAAAAY worse.

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow Problems - HOT, Battery, and Freeze!!
mg24k
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are absolutely right.  Same issues here. Yesterday, I talked to a Verizon tech support rep that pointed the finger at Samsung.  Even tried to transfer me to Samsung about this issue (of course Samsung had us on hold for 43 minutes).  Verizon, Google, SAMSUNG need to come up with a fix real soon.  This IS  a flagship device and I refuse to turn in a relatively new phone in pristine condition for a refurbished one with 6.0.1. 

0 Likes
TJINAZ

I upgraded my Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow two days ago and noticed the same problem with battery drain and phone temp.  Phone got REALLY hot and battery ran down quickly.  Verizon info online did note that update could use a lot of battery power, however, it's been two days and the battery still goes down quick. 3 hours into my day today battery was already at 43% and I had only a few texts and a phone call on it.  I haven't had the issue with messaging, but phone calls cut in and out, and sometimes calls disconnect altogether.  Volume on both sides is very low even when set to full.  I did clear the cache which seemed to help the phone call issue some, but what of the battery life?  I've checked apps and made sure nothing is running that doesn't need to.  This update is supposed to extend battery life. My phone worked great before the update.  I'm really regretting this.  Did you get any answers from Verizon or Samsung on a fix for the battery usage?

0 Likes
gerbtastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Battery is ridiculous. I have to leave it plugged in constantly and certainly can't do any streaming because the battery is nearly depleted in an hour or less.

0 Likes