Re: Lollipop upgrade ruined my Note 3 cell signal strength.
Sangalli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same sinking boat!!!

0 Likes
Lanpazi

So we are in mid-october with no resolution. I have the same reception problem. Whenever I go into bad reception area my note 3 looses cel Connection and does not recover even when I am standing next to a tower. The only way to restore phone service is to cycle power or reset the phone. It may sound like a temporary solution but it is not. When I am at work the reception us poor and without warning my phone will drop connection. If I reset I may restore reception for a short time. At the end of the day I need to recycle power EVERY DAY.

I miss most of the calls while at work!! Yet I am required to pay for full service. Why?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lanpazi, we pride ourselves on having the best coverage in the business. Allow us to investigate this in depth and get the resolution you deserve. What zip code are you in? When did this start? Is there anyone else impacted in the same way?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response.

This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lanpazi

It started about 1.5 month ago when I got the latest update. My reception at work seems to be worse lately so it is more pronounced. Yesterday I was in a theatre where there was no reception. When we came out my note 3 was the only phone that did not restore connection. Just for fun I have not cycled power. We came home where I have a Verizon network extender. Still no reception. Right now after a whole night - no reception. It has nothing to do with zip code. The phone just does not restore connection.

Whether you admit it or not the new Android 5 has bugs. Nice language does not resolve problems. I did not even bother contacting Verizon. My post is mostly out of frustration. After hours of research on the web where I have a chance of finding real solutions I have come to the realization that the only way out on this phone is rooting and then going to the previous Android version. I do not want to root. Hence my frustration. I am entitled to an upgrade but the note 5 does not have uSD, and LG comes short on other features that I use.

0 Likes
mtncur08

New member here, same exact problem you all are describing.

I called Verizon about 4 or 5 weeks ago and they remotely checked my phone and stated i had software problems. They replaced my Note 3 with a new/refurbished one they promised was updated and all bugs fixed. new Phone arrived with 4.4 software and worked great. Shortly after I was getting update notices every 5 minutes to update to lollipop. I refused as long as I could and called verizon. they told me Samsung would push it to my phone anyway..even without my consent.

The phone updated itself and.....same problems I had before.

I called Verizon again today and they advised I drive an hour to a BestBuy and have them run the software recovery software they have. they did offer to replace my Note 3 with a S5..smaller screen..not happening.

I have been a customer since 1996, I have 5 lines and pay them over $300.00 a month. I only have one line still in contract...and that ends in two months. I have two lines that are unlimited data. Sprint and AT&T advised they would match my current data plans.

If Verizon doesn't make this right...I'll switch carriers

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mtncur08,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your device. We know how much phone software issues can impact your day and we're eager to get these issues resolved for you. We don't want to lose you! We'd like to work with you directly and make a review of your account. We appreciate you being our customer for so long and we know it's essential that we get these issues cleared up ASAP. Since the community forums are public, we can't obtain your account information here. We have support via phone, livechat, or even social media available for you and I'm sure we can get this fixed for you. Here's the link to our page that will show you how to access each of those options. I hope you have a wonderful day! http://vz.to/1IczeM5

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
taterlalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stop

On Oct 13, 2015 2:17 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

taterlalo wrote:

Stop

On Oct 13, 2015 2:17 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

If you're wanting to stop receiving notices of posts from the VzW forum, you'll have to change the settings on your account yourself.  First, look to the right of each thread that you're receiving posts from and if you see that you are Following that thread, click on that notation so that you're no longer Following the thread.  Then at the top of the screen in the desktop version of the forum, click the drop-down next to your user name and click Preferences.  Change the e-mail notifications to Off to your liking, then click Save at the bottom of the screen.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The emails from the forum also point the reader to the Community user preferences to stop receiving forum emails This instruction is near the end of the email in the footer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

focusbmx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem after the update. Bad signal and dropping calls a lot. Always dropping to 3G. Verizon better hope I don't ever have a real emergency.  I'm paying for A quality 4G network and not getting anything close. Very poor service. Fix this problem or lose a customer.