Lollipop 5.0
phlebvam1

I have the Samsung Note 4 and so does a couple of my coworkers. One of them came to me and told me that she had Downloaded Lollipop for her Note 4 and now her Fingerprint scanner doesn't work and her calls keep getting dropped. Granted, her service is with T-Mobile, but regard what service someone has, this should not be happening. Question is, Are all of these issues going to be worked out with Verizon before Verizon releases Lillipop?

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop 5.0
Tidbits
Legend

That lollipop isn't production lollipop. It's a leaked build and not actually released. Downloading a unfinished code is asking for bugs. When and if release happens then worry about bugs.

phlebvam1

Actually you are wrong about this one. These 2 coworkers know nothing about downloading and installing Lollipop. This version was released by T-Mobile. They actually updated their phone through their update in settings.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually Tidbits is correct. See this link.

T-Mobile Announces Android 5.0 Lollipop Nexus 9 4G LTE Release Date and Price Details : PERSONAL TEC...

No other devices have it on T-Mobile.

Google is your friend!

phlebvam1

I have 2 coworkers who have it. They have no knowledge of how to install it otherwise.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So they have it on their Note 4? No, but there's a beta out there.

If your two friends have it then they have a Nexus which is from Google(the company who makes Android), or Moto X. Any device other than a Nexus and Moto X are all on 4.X. Now the Moto X is so close to stock and doesn't have manufacture skin and apps like Samsung has on touchwiz.

0 Likes
phlebvam1

I understand that there is a version out, but they don't have a nexus phone. They have, as I stated in my very 1st post, a Note 4. The only reason I know they have a Note 4 is because they asked for my help to decide on the Note 4. I see them use it everyday. Now, I may not be the most informed or smartest person when it comes to software or upgrades, but I do know where to look and I do know how to do things.

0 Likes
phlebvam1

And apparently, Lollipop was pushed to their phones, whether you believe it or not.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Here's the deal.  You friends lied to you or they paid someone to do it.  Poland just released 5.0 on their Note 4's before anywhere else on the Samsung chain for the Note 4.  Here's the kicker... It's not even available in Korea their home country.  So they could have an unlock poland model and that's why they have it which means it didn't come from T-Mobile.

I have a Note 4 for T-Mobile(If you want photos if you don't believe me I can provide my device drawer and show you all the devices I own).  I follow updates and such religiously as it affects MY JOB, and I can safely say your friends DO NOT have lollipop update officially from Samsung.

Tidbits
Legend

here you go this is the version the T-Mobile Note 4 has

N910TUVU1ANJ7 which is 4.4.4 if you look at their support forums.

these links are more likely to be deleted, but if you see them in time they will show 4.4.4 which is not lollipop they are 5.0. If you search for the most recent not leaked software you will see 4.4.4

so they installed the beta or had someone install the beta for them.  It was never pushed to their devices.

If the T-Mobile version was in fact getting 5.0 it would be a major fanfare on the internet which there isn't.

had to edit out the links.  Knew it was coming.