Latest Software Update
GRACEFULHEART

I installed the latest software update last night and now my calendar is missing many appointments and my emails are not coming to my phone. HELP!  I live by my phone calendar and now I don't have the appointments listed and I cannot create new ones! Does anyone know how to fix a messed up software install?!

0 Likes
Re: Latest Software Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GRACEFULHEART, this is very concerning to me that your appointments are missing. Let's get your appointments back to your calendar. How did you update the phone (phone or computer)? Did you do a backup before the update?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GRACEFULHEART

I did not do a separate backup. My settings are set that the “Back Up My Data” is “on” But I did not realize I could do a backup before a system update. I have tried deleting the email account that is not showing in my calendar and re-adding it, but nothing will bring my appointments back to the calendar on my phone. My email account is a Hotmail account, but that has not made a difference until I did the update! Any ideas for me?

Thanks,

Becky

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GRACEFULHEART,

We appreciate the response. To be sure, do you know which account was specifically used to save calendar events? By default you may have the option to save to the phone. If this was done, intstead of having them saved to a specific email account, they could have been lost with the most recent update. This is because calendar events saved to the phone would not backup the same way as what you have seen through settings. The "Back Up My Data" setting would be specific to a Gmail account that is on the device. If we can identify how these events were previously saved we can determine what recourse we may have if any.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes