Latest Software Update Bugs
tommyboy68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the latest software update on my Note 8, I cannot turn off the message notification tone from Message+ while on a phone call. I’ve shut it off in the phone app but the notifications keep ringing in my ear while on the phone. Very annoying. There are several other bugs with this update on this phone but this one is the most annoying. Wishing I’d never done the update. 

Labels (1)
Re: Latest Software Update Bugs
bearone21
Legend

it's selected in settings/notifications....either get the notification while on the phone or don't get a notification.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, tommyboy68! We know it is essential that your device is working properly, and we would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you please tell us a little more? Does this tone occur when you receive text messages or randomly? Have you updated the app Message+ already? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
tommyboy68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m getting the notification while on a call when I receive a text message. It’s never random. My Message+ app is up to date (version 6.8.3). I have “Notify during calls” set to off so it’s not that simple, as someone suggested. It seems to be isolated to Message+. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details, tommyboy68. Our goal is to ensure that we can help find a workaround for the notification sound while on a call. Have you tried to change or adjust the notification sound that you hear when you receive a text message to see if this changes? Please refer to the following link if you are unsure how to locate this setting: http://spr.ly/6609E9WOl. Does this issue happen everywhere or just in a specific location when receiving these notifications?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes