LTE/WCDMA/GSM missing after 5.0 lollipop update
DevinPotter
Enthusiast - Level 3

okay ( VERIZON ) here I go i just updated my phone yesterday and was planing on using Verizon note 3 on metro pcs  put the  metro pcs sim card in was going to go into the settings to switch the network mode but the option of LTE/WCDMA/GSM is missing I have contacted Verizon aka you guys in charge of this forum and contacted Samsung both are pointing fingers and that is unacceptable this is my phone not yours I bought this phone flat out on eBay you guys need to make the network mode have all the options  it if anything of an update there should be more features not less 😞   Verizon and Samsung I would like an answer to the situation this is unacceptable  you should not lose features when you update if anything you should gain more  I was going to use my note 3  on Metro and use my s3 on your guyses network but cannot do that tell you that the options network mode. PLEASE HELP VERIZON

0 Likes
Re: LTE/WCDMA/GSM missing after 5.0 lollipop update
DevinPotter
Enthusiast - Level 3

also note  I've had this option before the lollipop update

0 Likes
DevinPotter
Enthusiast - Level 3

!!!!!!!!!!! VERIZON / SAMSUNG !!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Read the Following.. It'll help to show how the two systems work and why your having trouble getting that Metro PCS Sim Card to work in your phone

MetroPCS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Verizon Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DevinPotter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just want my settings back like when I had kitkat os ..........  that didn't help me I already know about. That

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The separate settings to choose your mobile network were changed in LP and even earlier in other phones to only allow Global (uses GSM) or LTE/CDMA.  You can use your Verizon phone on Metro, but you will not get LTE.  You CAN make and receive a call, but data, if any, will be 2G.  Verizon phones (some) only share one GSM frequency and 1 LTE band with T-Mobile/Metro PCS.  You will have to compare the freq and bands of both companies to the capabilities of your Note 3.

B33
Legend

With the changes in OS's some of what you had might not be able to be duplicated again unfortunately.. Like back a few years ago for instance on Motorola's Droid X it's indicator light would blink and then glow steady as it was charging Google made changes in the OS and left this feature out so after updating the indicator did not work the same..

So some features might stay as they are but for the one's that change you just have to go along with change or find a 3rd party App that can kind of change it to what your wanting.

Hope this Helps.. b33