Re: LED light not working after 7.0 update for email notifications
bearone21
Legend

i posted the fix april 17, did any of you look at or try it??

0 Likes
Brewer_101
Enthusiast - Level 1

Certainly did check and the notification was set to on. I tried turning it off then reboiting, then turning it back on and rebooting.... no luck

I did get yahoo emails to start flashing the notification light. I had uninstall and reinstall. Text notification started working out of the blue about the same time. I still do no get any notification LED for the default email app, thats even after the 2nd update... irritating

vdctech
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 5 also started having issues with the LED notifications intermittently working and half of the battery life it had before the update. I didn't notice this really until after another "software" update was sent to the phone after version 7.0 was already applied. But, mysteriously my battery recently started lasting even longer than it had before and I use performance mode all the time. I didn't do anything special. In fact I had to go to Optimized mode to barley get through the day before this. Now, for no apparent reason, I got my battery life back and then some. I switched back to performance mode and haven't looked back since. The LED lights still only work when they feel like it though, VERY ANNOYING!! Oh and I also get "Google App needs to close" occasionally also. I do n't have many apps on my phone either.. 

0 Likes
bell2200
Enthusiast - Level 2

HERE IS A SOLUTION!  I was having the same issue.  The LED would blink for text messages but not for emails.  I also had the notification sound set to "Silent" for emails.  Following your lead, I confirmed that selecting a sound to be played upon email arrivals also activated the LED for emails.  The default sound on my device is set to "Silent."  If you select "Default Sound" as the email notification sound, then the LED will blink for unopened emails!  If you set it for "Silent," then it will not blink.  It's a bit round about but it works.  Having my default sound set to silent is no issue for me because I select the sound I want for each app that I want to provide an audible notification.

0 Likes
bell2200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's yet another solution if you don't want to set your default sound to "Silent."  Download a silent message tone from a third party such as Zedge.  Enter that silent tone as your choice for email.

0 Likes