Highlighted

Kitkat 4.4.2 update on Samsung Galaxy Note II

Hello there..

Couple of days ago I received a notification to upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2 and I did upgrade.  Since then the 4G icon sporadically appears.  Unless I leave my phone with WiFi enabled, it reboots on it's own approx every couple of hours. If I disable WIFI, I can not connect to play store or even access WEB pages. Verizon tells me to reset to factory and then try to revive the phone.  I have approx 700+ apps and data on internal as well as external SD card and cannot afford to take that action.  Also with this upgrade I am not able to write to the external SD card which I was able to do in past.

Is there any solution?  This sounds like finger pointing - Verizon tells me that the upgrade came from Samsung not from them?  Is this true?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Kitkat 4.4.2 update on Samsung Galaxy Note II

The update is actually coded by Google, but Samsung codes it to their particular devices. The easiest and most effective solution is doing a hard reset, but if you would rather live with all these issues, that's your choice. It's recommended that you do a hard reset after every major update, or you can potentially face the given issues.

0 Likes