KitKat 4.4 is available according to your website, why can't I access it on my phone?
marcodif
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the links to your website that says 4.4 is available for Note 2.  I even switched over to Wireless and it still says my device is up to date, but I am on 4.3.  When can I access the software update your website is broadcasting:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/galaxy-note-2_6-11-14.pdf

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note® II | Verizon Wireless

Re: KitKat 4.4 is available according to your website, why can't I access it on my phone?
emsed1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been waiting on this for months as well.  Other providers are getting to roll out 4.4.3 for Samsung devices and the Note 2 hasn't even gotten 4.4.2. 

Very unhappy.  I've been trying to check for updates every day for weeks, since all the other Galaxy Note II owners on other networks have it.

0 Likes
Re: KitKat 4.4 is available according to your website, why can't I access it on my phone?
marcodif
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon.  All they could offer is that my phone may not be one of the first ones to get this update, since their website says there is an update, but my phone says there isn't.  I checked Samsung's website on the advice of Verizon and chatted with Samsung.  They said the current version for the Note 2 is 4.3.  So I think Verizon has posted that there is an update to the Note 2 and not notified Samsung that they are ready to push 4.4.  That's why I wan't an unlocked phone.  The day they strip my unlimited data is the day I switch to ATT or TMo.  Those are the only 2 that are user friendly to get phones like the Nexus 5 and One+ One, reasonably priced phones without bloat from manufacturers and carriers.  Check out the links above.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The support docs have posted. That doesn't mean it has started rolling out to the customers. It usually starts a day or two after the posting of the support docs. When it does actually start, it will be sent to a small group say less than 10k customers. Then the update is paused for one day to see if there were major issues with the OTA. If all goes well they push out to a larger group but not all.

Samsung might have it available through the Software Update Assistant (whatever it is called) where you plug the phone into a PC and use a software program to manually install the update. This way you don't have to wait until the OTA comes to your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

I hope we get it soon ben wating forever Smiley Sad

0 Likes
mastertwitchy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm via Samsung Kies 3 software, it's still showing 4.3 update. I also tried via wireless or wifi and still no update here. I'm over in South Florida so curious when we'll see an update. I know this last happened I was up in Northern Florida and got the update for 4.3 the same day the docs posted around 11 AM CST. Hopefully this will fix issues as well. Glad to at least see us not the last. I was fully expecting a Aug or Late July Release.

0 Likes
mastertwitchy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like my phone just got the official 4.4.2 update via Air, Kies 3 still not showing update.

Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

I also got it today checked for a update and there it was 4.4.2

0 Likes
marcodif
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, I saw the update last night too.  Installing right now!  It's big, taking longer than other updates.  Glad its finally here.

0 Likes