Issues with Note 9 NO ADVANCE CALL Option, No HD Option or Video call
ToniB69

I am trying to use my Note 9 to make video call to other Verizon people but it will not allow me to setup. First I purchased from Samsung to use on Verizon network. I have called Verizon and spent hours on calls trying to fix it and no one has been able to help me. 

I do have HD service on my account by when I go into setting my phone does not give me an option for Advanced calling option, so I can't make selection. I have tried everything but it is not there. I have reset phone with service tech and it still will not work. 

Please help.

Toni B. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with Note 9 NO ADVANCE CALL Option, No HD Option or Video call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to get the performance out of your device that you need. Was the device an unlocked model, or a Verizon Wireless model that was purchased from Samsung?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Red09

Verizon blocks those features if you have an unlocked phone even when the phone itself supports them.

0 Likes
Dirtrider501

Both of my note 9's were purchased thru Verizon. They are Verizon phones. Funny thing is this option worked the whole time I was paying for the phone via device payment plan, but stopped working after I paid them off and gave them to my kids. I got several note 20's and retired 2 of my note 9's and gave them to my younger children. I've checked in the advanced calling and HD voice is the only option there, the video calling is greyed out. Please help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know about the phones you have not getting Video Calling, Dirtrider501. It's possible this could be related to the features of the kids lines versus your own when you had used them. To help look into this issue further, please send us a Private Message.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes