Issues with Note 5 after Marshmallow Update - Wifi, Bluetooth and voicemail
sealjoy12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since my last update a couple of weeks ago, my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has been experiencing multiple issues. 

First noticeable issue is the constant dropping of Bluetooth connectivity.  I can't stay connected with Bluetooth anymore.  I connect it with my in car stereo. Prior to the update, as long as Bluetooth was on, my phone would be connected and would always play what I wanted with no drop in connectivity.  I never had a connection problem from the time I bought the Note 5 until after the update.  Steps I have take for the Bluetooth connection issue:

1. Restart

2. Erase phone from stereo and phone.  Then re-pair with stereo.

3. Turn Bluetooth on and off.

4. clear cache partitions

None of these have resolved the issue. Sometimes it disconnects within second of connecting, other times it disconnects when I get a notification, and yet other times it just refuses to connect at all.

Second Issue is the wireless connection to WiFi.  See above for issues and steps taken.  I have taken same steps with WiFi connections as I have with Bluetooth.  I have been unable to maintain a WiFi connection in my own house.

Third issue is internet connection on the network.  I have mobile data selected, but multiple times a day while on a website, Facebook or other internet connected app, I get the error message that I cannot connect.  Steps I have taken:

1. Turn off WiFi and turn off Bluetooth to reduce interference

2. Restart

3. Turn on/off mobile data

4. Turn on/off airplane mode to enable connection to nearest tower

Issue still persists.

Last and final issue.  Voicemail.  I have visual voicemail.  After the update, I have been receiving a message about something going wrong with my voicemail. Steps I have taken:

1. Restart

2. Refresh voicemail

3. Called Verizon to reset voicemail (it worked for all of 12 hours after reset)

Voicemail is still intermittent and needs to be fixed.

If there is no fix to the marshmallow update, can Verizon provide us with a link to go back to Lollipop please.

0 Likes
Re: Issues with Note 5 after Marshmallow Update - Wifi, Bluetooth and voicemail
ackley_joshua
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same issues. Bluetooth works intermittently. I have constant service, but apps like chrome, Pandora, visual voicemail, Facebook, weatherbug and more, will be working, and then suddenly say they have lost connection and there is no service. Closing the apps, turning airplane mode on, then off, seems to help. Restarting helps sometimes.

0 Likes
CKNote5

To keep this issue alive, I recently upgraded my Note 5 to Marshmallow and am now having the exact same problems with Bluetooth connectivity; I only use the bluetooth in my car, and Marshmallow essentially renders my phone useless for music streaming in the car since it disconnects so frequently.  I never had bluetooth connectivity issues with my Note 5 in my car on Lollipop.  I put off the Marshmallow upgrade because I knew something would go wrong, and what do you know...something definitely went wrong.  Ridiculous. 

I'm posting the same in a stand-alone post just to make it visible again. 

0 Likes
ackley_joshua
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called and spoke with Tech Support. I was advised to go into the backup and reset menu, and choose reset network settings. Then restart phone, and try again. I did, to no avail. Their next advice after that not working was to perform a factory hard data reset. If that didn't work, they said they would replace the phone. Obviously that's not going to work either, because it's a software issue with Marshmallow, not a hardware issue, since it didn't exist before the upgrade.

thelonelycoastie

I know I resolve the wifi issue for me. It was connecting even though I turned it off.

1. I Went settings then selected wifi.
  2. I was looking at removing the wifi sites that my phone was connecting to
  3. I went More and selected Manage Networks
  4. I selected the wifi site that I was connecting to. (One was Xfinitywifi)
  5. Then I pushed forget the button.
  6. Then I restarted my phone, since then I have not had any more problems.
0 Likes