Re: Is there a way to keep the display on when plugged into power?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

VZW tech support wouldn't normally volunteer development option settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's touching it several times to unlock the developer settings. Google purposely hid it in one of the Jelly Bean versions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

It was the "Build Number info, tap on that....yeah, I got that from Verizon wireless support, I had started tapping on all the lines since the version # didn't work while I was on hold, and added the developer's setting not knowing it, Thanks, Ann, Cyn

AZSALUKI
Legend

So you figured it out correct? I couldn't help. My note 2 never had it hidden. The developer options were an actual choice in the settings. You just select it and turn it on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

So you figured it out correct? I couldn't help. My note 2 never had it hidden. The developer options were an actual choice in the settings. You just select it and turn it on.

I saw somewhere after writing in this thread, that the developer setting was hidden starting with Android 4.2.+. Isn't the Note 2 stock OS on 4.1+?

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, I'm running 4.3, and it WAS hidden, a guy from xadevelopers forum answered right after talking to Verizon, you had given me a clue..while I was on hold w/ Verizon....I was just about tapping on everything <grin> I saw the developers option info flash, but had no clue how I got it.....so when I went to the build version, it said "developer option already turned on". The guy from the other forum said I needed to tap 8 x's on the build info....funny, I was REALLY tapping away on everything. Thanks, Ann

AZSALUKI
Legend

yes ann....it's on 4.1. i guess that's why.

0 Likes