Is Verizon this incompetent, you be the judge. PLEASE REPLACE MY NOTE7
MICMIC8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just told by my local Verizon Wireless dealer that I will have to wait another month to replace my Note7 with a Pixel XL.

1. I was just told by my local Verizon wireless store (Conshohocken PA) that because of demand, I have been bumped down in priority in replacing my 2nds recalled Note7 with a Pixel XL that I pre-ordered several weeks ago. Please, for the sake of business integrity, I hope someone important is reading this...
  2. I asked to speak with a manager or a district manager and I was told the district manager would not be available for 4 calendar days.. (Today is Thursday and the district manager won't be available until next Monday)
  3. The worker then called his boss and explained the situation and the worker then relayed to me that the manager said there is nothing that they could do and that I was out of luck if I wanted a Pixel XL to replace my Note7
  4. My current Note7 is a replacement for the originally recalled Note7 so this is my second attempt at replacing my phone
  5. When I replaced the original Note7, my replacement phone was ordered and delivered to my local Wireless dealer, but the way the replacement was ordered prevented a clean exchange at the store. THEY made the mistake. I spent over an hour watching the worker feebly trying to exchange my phone for the fixed Note7. I was patient because this was not a normal situation, he had to call corporate to get the phone exchanged
  6. The **2nd** time I went to replace the recalled replacement Note7, the email recall notification told me that it was easier to perform the exchange online. So I go online and get all the way to the end only to find out that the web site considered my intent to replace the recalled phone as an "upgrade" and proceeded to tell me that I owed $70 in surcharges and a $20 upgrade fee (when in all reality it had to be handled at a brick and mortar store!)
  7. The **2nd** time I went to replace the recalled replacement Note7, because I couldn't do it online, I ordered a Pixel XL from my local Verizon Wireless dealer (Conshohocken PA).. Considering I had tried to exchange the phone online, I already knew the rental price for the Pixel XL which is different than the rental price for the Pixel. So the worker gives me the rental quote for the Pixel XL which I knew was wrong. I insisted it was a wrong price and he insisted it was the correct price. So I drive away from the store and instantaneously get an email confirming my order for a Pixel and NOT a Pixel XL. I was right. So I had to turn around, go back into the store, have them cancel the order for the Pixel and put in the correct order for the Pixel XL.
  8. I pre-ordered the Pixel XL several weeks ago because I don't trust an S7 Edge and there are no other phones I want other than a Pixel XL
  9. Did I tell you that when I originally purchased the Note7, that I asked 3 separate times to apply a tempered glass cover.. 3 times...  And what do they do? They put the non-glass cover on which wrapped around the sides.. As soon as I tried to put a case on, the protective film peeled away, essentially ruining the cover (whereas a glass cover would not have wrapped around and would have allowed the phone to be put in a case). I'm not one for confrontation and I'm a nice guy so I didn't push the issue....
  10. This is no exaggeration, I've spent 2.5 to 2.5 hours in the store on three different occasions with 2 different recalls,and this is how I am treated! 

I'm desperate to replace this Note7 with something that I want. I deserve to have my phone replaced with something that I want in a timely fashion without further complications and hassle!

Please help,

Mike

Re: Is Verizon this incompetent, you be the judge. PLEASE REPLACE MY NOTE7
THOCOL60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Pixel XL was to ship today. Message received of delay to December 2. So, I guess I continue to use Note 7 until then since replacing Note 7 seems to be low priority for Verizon.

tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

i guess if our Note7 hasn't been exploded so far, it should be safe to use till the replacement come. 

I guess only 0.004% chance of failure. Let's have our finger crossed.  Smiley Happy

HOWWARRD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain. I went through a similar headache trying to get the original Note 7 recall replacement. And then wasn't able to order a phone online (for my second recall) because they somehow applied the device payment agreement from my Note 5 to the Note 7. FINALLY after almost a week am able to order the Pixel XL. By this time the expected ship date is 10/28 instead of 10/20 because Verizon couldn't fix my account. No worries, I'll accept using the N7 for a few extra days to not have to switch phones twice.

10/27 rolls around and late in the evening I get an email that my new expected ship date is 12/02. A littler perturbed that they waited until the day before expected ship date to let me know, this left me wondering if VZWs supply chain is bad enough they didn't actually know until 10/27, or they knew and just waited until 10/27. I DM VZW on Twitter to explain my situation and agitation over the poor communication, and the response I received was essentially "Sorry, we'll let you know if anything changes with the new ship date"

No attempt to defuse the situation or make it right. I wasn't looking for them to magically produce a Pixel XL, but I was looking for options; an offer of "Is there another phone we can get you since it's been delayed so long?" (I'd have just taken a V20) or "Would you like a loaner phone?" (Sure, I'll take whatever you've got available) or freaking anything other than "Sorry, sucks to be you" would have been great.

This has been the single worst example of customer service I have ever personally been a part of. I actually wrote the whole thing up to submit to my CS department at work to use as an example of real world failure of the CS process.

I spent part of my morning trying to decide if I could actually leave Verizon, but the crap part is the service is great, the coverage is great, it's just the customer service that really needs to be retooled.

alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

tc2013,

We definitely care about your safety. Let’s make sure that all options of how to move forward have been presented. Did you order a phone that is on back order? If so, when is the expected ship date? Do you by chance have an older VZW phone that we can help activate on your line until you receive your new phone? 

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

From Verizon website, the only phone i would consider being the iPhone7Plus, but the shipping date was listed as: "Ships by 11/30/2016".

Does it mean that's the date i will have to hold on to the Samsung Note7 till?

MICMIC8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure how it happened but I'm glad it did. I just got an email confirmation that a new Pixel XL is en route via UPS to my local store.

Thank you to whoever helped make this happen.

Mike

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

Getting a safe device in your hands is our top priority, tc2013. If you did choose a device that is on back order like the iPhone7 Plus it would be subject to the current expected shipping date. We can always explore other colors/storage capacities that would ship more quickly. Otherwise we can activate another Verizon device on your line until the iPhone arrives.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes