Installing Android 6.0.1 on Note 5
tomterrfic

I accepted the notification from Verizon to update the OS, and saw in the Settings that the OS level was 6.0.1 after he installation was completed.Some of the new OS features were available, but several were not. I have been told my Verizon to call Samsung. I called Samsung and they told me to take the phone to Best Buy and ask for a software refresh. Things sounds screwy, but I will give it a shot. Why is this so hard? It some pretty much business as usual.

0 Likes
Re: Installing Android 6.0.1 on Note 5
bearone21
Legend

601 changed many things on the note5 & everything needs to be checked, item by item

i had to reset the sync schedule on 2 imap email accounts, do not disturb had been turned off, all notifications were on + a few i can't remember.

0 Likes
ennol
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tomterrffic, I agree with @bearone21 6.01 did change a few things, ok maybe more than a few things. I am still finding a few things that I like about 6.01 that have changed. So you will have to explore and learn. Or do what I did Google things like "what's new in Android 6.01" and do some reading to find out the new features. It's a pretty cool update at least i think it is. The doze feature is pretty nice, still getting used to it. Anyway just my 2 cents.

bearone21
Legend

the doze feature has improved batt life.

0 Likes