IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING A ERROR MESSAGE WHEN UPDATING TO 4.4
BiggRobb
Enthusiast - Level 1

MY PHONE WILL DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE,BUT WONT INSTALL IT. IT STARTS AND ABOUT 20-30% INTO TH INSTALL IT STOPS AND SAYS ERROR AND REBOOTS. I HAVE TRIED TO DO THIS VIA DATA & WIFI AND IT KEEPS DOING THE SAME THING.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING A ERROR MESSAGE WHEN UPDATING TO 4.4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BiggRobb,

Sorry to hear the update is not installing. Are you attempting to update an app or the operating system? Try powering it off and removing and reinserting the battery: http://vz.to/1mLpkIL .

Next with the device powered off, press and hold the Home button (located at the bottom) & Volume Up button (located on the left edge). With the Home and Volume buttons pressed, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until Samsung logo appears then release all keys.  In the recovery menu select wipe cache partition. (Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.) Once completed, Select reboot system now. Once the device powers back on dial #832 to connect to the network. Re-attempt the install and let us know how it goes.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sweetwater56
Enthusiast - Level 3

What update is this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BiggRobb,

Sorry to hear the update is not installing. Are you attempting to update an app or the operating system? Try powering it off and removing and reinserting the battery: http://vz.to/1mLpkIL .

Next with the device powered off, press and hold the Home button (located at the bottom) & Volume Up button (located on the left edge). With the Home and Volume buttons pressed, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until Samsung logo appears then release all keys.  In the recovery menu select wipe cache partition. (Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.) Once completed, Select reboot system now. Once the device powers back on dial #832 to connect to the network. Re-attempt the install and let us know how it goes.

BrianP_VZW

0 Likes
dgjdjl
Enthusiast - Level 2

When did they send an update.   Because I havent received anything from Verizon.   I still have the 4.4.2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dgjdjl,

Great question! No worries! Your software is up to date. There has not been an additional update since the May release. As the previous poster had referenced 4.4, I presume that is either the 4.4 version of an app or the May 2014 update that you have currently. We are awaiting further clarification.

You can keep up to date with when updates for the operating system become available here: http://vz.to/1xo7nDL .

BrianP_VZW

0 Likes