I just purchased a note 3. Everything works well except I cannot send text messages. I can receive them, but I get an error message when I try to send them
Nonaleigh

Can anyone tell me why I cannot send text messages on my note 3?   I can receive them, but when I attempt to send them I get an error message unable to send . . .  It's a brand new phone.

0 Likes
Re: I just purchased a note 3. Everything works well except I cannot send text messages. I can receive them, but I get an error message when I try to send them
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this a new account too? Did you port your number from another carrier? Or was this an upgrade from a previous VZW phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I just purchased a note 3.  Everything works well except I cannot send text messages.  I can receive them, but I get an error message when I try to send them
Nonaleigh

IIt is an upgrade from a previous vzw phone

0 Likes
Re: I just purchased a note 3.  Everything works well except I cannot send text messages.  I can receive them, but I get an error message when I try to send them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, Nonaleigh.
We would love to get to the bottom of your message mystery.
I'm guessing you are getting the error for all messages you attempt to send, is that correct?
What type of phone did you upgrade from? We ask because if you have switched from an Apple device (e.g., iPhone) to a non-Apple device (e.g., Android, Blackberry, etc.) and previously used the iMessage service, you may experience issues sending/receiving SMS/MMS messages with Apple device users. You need to deactivate the iMessage service within your Apple account to restore normal SMS/MMS functionality.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes