I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy note 3. I took it to a store last week and they said it has something to do with the last software update. They tried ch
Wowuor

I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy note 3. I took it to a store last week and they said it has something to do with the last software update.  They tried charging it at the store and got the same message. I was given another phone, I still get the same error with the new phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy note 3. I took it to a store last week and they said it has something to do with the last software update. They trie
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

There is no issue with your device. The original charger was a standard 2 amp output. The adaptive fast charging, which has variable output amperage based on charge/capacity ratios, is not supported by the charger that was included. So you'll get a message letting you know that you can get better charging performance out of a different charger. Samsung has the adaptive fast charging chargers (included with the Note 4, Note Edge and GS5) available, but that's all it would take to get rid of the informational message.

View solution in original post

Re: I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy note 3. I took it to a store last week and they said it has something to do with the last software update. They trie
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Wowuor, 

Thank you so much for reaching to us today. I want to make sure that we get the device charging the correct way. There is no physical or liquid damage to the phone or to the power cord correct? Did this error just start to appear as of last week? Please keep us posted. 

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Wowuor

KevinR_VZW,

There are no physical or liquid damage to the phone or to the power cord. This error started appearing the day I got this phone from the store. Note that this is a new phone that I received on 8/15/2014 from VZW as a replacement for the one I received in February which was acting the same way.

0 Likes
Re: I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy note 3. I took it to a store last week and they said it has something to do with the last software update.  They trie
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I had that very same issue with my first note3. And then he second before I left the store so it was clearly seen. Out came another and everything was good. I have since learned there were some issues with the charger and supposedly Samsung was issuing out these to people affected. I cant confirm this im going by what I read on some different forums but mine was handled in store that day. I wish you the best outcome because it truly is an amazing device when everything runs as it should.           Jesse

0 Likes
Re: I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy note 3. I took it to a store last week and they said it has something to do with the last software update.  They trie
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Wowuor,

Thank you for the information! Are you using the charger that came with the phone? Have you tried alternate chargers? Is your phone up to date on the software?

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

There is no issue with your device. The original charger was a standard 2 amp output. The adaptive fast charging, which has variable output amperage based on charge/capacity ratios, is not supported by the charger that was included. So you'll get a message letting you know that you can get better charging performance out of a different charger. Samsung has the adaptive fast charging chargers (included with the Note 4, Note Edge and GS5) available, but that's all it would take to get rid of the informational message.

Re: I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy no
BBruch

I am using the original charger and getting this message.  I need to know how to turn it off because it blocks my keypad. 

0 Likes
Re: I get a error message "To charge faster, use the cable and device that were provided with this phone" when charging my Samsung Galaxy no
BBruch

I have this same issue.  Using the cord that came with my new phone.  I need to know how to turn off this type of notification because it's blocking my keypad.  Thank you

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes